Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New short shotgun from Fabarm, available in Canada soon?

I am in for one in NR. I thought I had my heart set on a Grizzly but changed my mind when I actually picked one up...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    Really...?

I am sorry to say but by looks and all, they remind me of a cheap "knock off" gun like a Hatsan or something lol.
    Hatsan is cheap feeling in comparison.

These trump an 870 easily. I've used many pump guns Fabarm is king.

One of the best features, for me, is the iron sights on the Fabarm guns. They're simply fantastic.

I have never heard of a fabarm being considered cheap or a knock off.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

This was also my understanding... I learned this from the AR180B as well as Beretta CX4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW Syntax View Post
    Muzzle Brakes do not count towards barrel length even if pinned and welded.
    Muzzle Brakes do count towards overall length but only if pinned and welded.

The firearms lab may or may not be right depending on who answers the phone.
    There is no writing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Convenient that its not in writing and the answer is based on who answers the phone. lol

Thanks for clearing that up guys.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Muzzle break doesn't count for length.

I think it's still too short. It might be just long enough though.

The pistola ( 11" ) is 23" overall add the 3" of barrel and you're up to 26". Hopefully it's not under 26".
    Muzzle brake doesn't count for barrel length but it does count for overall length.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW Syntax View Post
    Muzzle Brakes do not count towards barrel length even if pinned and welded.
    Muzzle Brakes do count towards overall length but only if pinned and welded.

The firearms lab may or may not be right depending on who answers the phone.
    There is no writing.
    For the pinned and welded it does under 1 condition it was manufactured that way ie the muzzle break was made into the barrel and is part of the barrel meaning it can be welded to do that as it's part of the barrel. Or they can cut a muzzle break into the barrel it self on the end as they make it.

I have a CX4 storm with a 18.5 inch barrel it's 30 inchs long with no muzzle break and with it adds 3 more inchs. If they messure to the end of the break they don't take into count the threads on the barrel or inside the action.

Probably take 5yrs. to get them in Canada, minimum 12mos. waiting list for a KSG and those made in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post

... by looks and all, they remind me of a cheap "knock off" gun like a Hatsan or something lol.
    Pictures don't do it justice. I wish you may have the pleasure of owning a Fabarm Martial, as I did. It is very well made, the only other gun I have owned that gave me a similar sense of quality is my Browning Hi-Power pistol. I have handled Hatsan shotguns, and I expect they work as they should and I think they may be worth their price, but they look better in pictures than in person.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl View Post
    Muzzle brake does count for oal. It doesn't count for barrel.
    Maybe just add a +1 mag ext ( hopefully just over 3".