Stock II and III Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sean

Any word on the Stock II and III Xtremes?

TIA
I ask Tanfoglio about it weekly; and have yet to hear back on delivery or pricing. Sorry!

As soon as I know, I'll definitely pass it on.

On the bright side, it looks like we'll have the Xtreme hammers for fitting to existing Stock IIs and IIIs the week of June 24.

I ask Tanfoglio about it weekly; and have yet to hear back on delivery or pricing. Sorry!

As soon as I know, I'll definitely pass it on.

On the bright side, it looks like we'll have the Xtreme hammers for fitting to existing Stock IIs and IIIs the week of June 24.

Thanks Sean! Hey is that you shooting on my squad at the Ontario Provincials Thursday or just the same name?

With Alex S? Yessir that's me! I try to not miss the ON Provincials - especially when it's at the picturesque Frontenac Gun Club in Kingston.
It ought to be entertaining - it's my first Level 3 with a production gun - DAMN these things have small mag openings compared to an STI Edge.

Will be nice to meet you in person.

With Alex S? Yessir that's me! I try to not miss the ON Provincials - especially when it's at the picturesque Frontenac Gun Club in Kingston.
It ought to be entertaining - it's my first Level 3 with a production gun - DAMN these things have small mag openings compared to an STI Edge.

Nice. Looking forward to it! :D

Last edited:

The Stock 3 Extremes are definitely the next purchase......
Hope to see you as well Sean.....and regarding the magwells, you think Production is bad, play in Classic for awhile ;)

from what I have heard about the Xtreme models,...it is more than just parts installed. Any one can do that....it is how the models are gone over before they are ready for sale. I have my name down for one of the stock2 Xtreme.

from what I have heard about the Xtreme models,...it is more than just parts installed. Any one can do that....it is how the models are gone over before they are ready for sale. I have my name down for one of the stock2 Xtreme.

Yeah as much as I love my Stock III that Stock II with the insane barrel is next on my list!!!

One of the differences between Stock II and III is the polygonal barrel on the Stock II .

Newbie question(s):
Can a Stock III (Xtreme) be fitted with a Stock II polygonal barrel? What kind of idea is this: good or stupid and why? Is it even worth considering? Will there be any IPSC rule consequence for doing it?
This question comes because of my personal subjective perspective that Sock III has the better looks (rail). As all personal opinions, it can be changed though!
Intended use : IPSC Production !
Thank you

Can a Stock III (Any) be fitted with a Stock II polygonal barrel?
The factory will not do this, and if you tried it yourself - you would invalidate the gun for production division since production is only factory options.

Frankly, the accuracy advantages of the polygonal barrel are not generally worth it. All it does is make poor quality bullets shoot better. If you stick to a decent quality bullet - like CAMPRO, Hornady, etc. - you won't really notice a difference.

The Bull Barrel - however - which is added weight - does make a difference, though.

The factory will not do this, and if you tried it yourself - you would invalidate the gun for production division since production is only factory options.

Frankly, the accuracy advantages of the polygonal barrel are not generally worth it. All it does is make poor quality bullets shoot better. If you stick to a decent quality bullet - like CAMPRO, Hornady, etc. - you won't really notice a difference.

The Bull Barrel - however - which is added weight - does make a difference, though.

Thank you,
Definitely answers my question ! :)

Yah, me too.......I know Sean must be irritated by my once a month emails that resemble, "are we there yet"......

I just cleaned up an area in my pistol safe for a nice Stock 3 Xtreme......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom