$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casm gen II ex mount on M305

Casm gen II ex mount on M305

Just kinda curious if these mounts fit easily on the norc M305's or if there need to be some fine tuning. I did a quick search and come up with squat and out of all the mounts I've looked at yours seems to be the bang for the buck ( no pun intended ) thank you in advance cheers
    Last edited by WestIslandRifle; 06-14-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    member C.P.C.A, NFA and F.Q.T
    "Keep your powder dry , and your eyes on the target " R.Lee Ermey.

they fit great just put one on my norc

They are rock solid. A little taller than an ARMS 18 or promag, which does affect your cheek weld, but I haven't had a case jam using it either. Well worth the money, and I believe the best mount that I have used.

Thank you guys looks like I will be spending more money

They are awesome and a straight forward install. I have issues with not reading instruction so I just watched the video as I installed mine.

You won't be disappointed. Very nice piece of kit.
    Don't worry, be happy. (an M14 can do that!)

Fits and works great with no issues for ejection of casings.

Mine went on perfect, holds zero and no issues- highly recommend the casm mount

Business Member
    No problem fitting on an M305, Springfield M1A or any other M14-type rifle. Here are a few other points I am working on that I will add to the web site one day...call me any time with questions 7 days... -Frank

1. Removing the M14 rear iron sights which weigh 2.8oz and adding a 3.8oz. CASM GEN II scope mount (with backup sight) to your M14 adds only 1oz. of weight to your rifle. In this regard, the CASM is the lightest M14 scope mount solution ever made (for the M14-type rifle).

2. The CASM GEN II scope mount sets up in the rear sight pocket of your M14. This mounting location offers the following advantages: A. It allows you to mount a scope or short eye releif scope further rearward. B. For heavier scopes, the rearward position affords a slightly better tipping point balance than 3 point designs forward of the iron sights (i.e., rearward optics weight shift). The effect is that optics "feel" lighter as they are positioned closer to your body.
    And, in this regard, the optimal swing weight at the muzzle is maintained for fastest handling and the best long range stability.

3. The CASM GEN II (6.25") and the CASM GEN II "EX" (9.25") are the longest M14 scope mounts available and are part of a greater "system" we designed for the M14 that we termed "Stepped Plane Optics on the M14-type Rifle." (Download PDF).

4. The CASM GEN II scope mount will never require any form of gunsmithing. This cannot be said of any other M14 scope mount, particularly those that are based on the Brookfield Precision Tool 3 point design.

5. While the built-in non-adjustable rear BUS included with the CASM mount may not be as convenient or as fine in adjustment as the M14 rear sight it replaces, for use as a true BUS system, intended primarily for back up or emergency use, with instant access to iron sights with the optic mounted, with iron sights that are zeroed for practical use at practical distances, the BUS works well.

6. The CASM scope mount is a scope mount that is double-locked with additional set screws (each of the large 1/4-20 and the 5/16-18 steel fasteners have their own 10-24 socket set set screw to lock them in place). With the supplied blue Loctite, you are triple locking the mount to the receiver to ensure nothing will shoot loose.

7. The CASM scope mount is the only M14-type scope mount that is adjustable for elevation prior to installation therefore even if you run out of come ups on your scope for extremely long range, you can adjust the mount.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 06-18-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

got my casm mount it installed with no issues and looks great thanks again frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast