10/22's s I-Tacs almost here...

Prophet River

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
425   0   2
Have 14 in battleship grey and a few black coming in 10 days or so.
Come with a BX-25 mag and, because we are in Canada, they will be pinned. They will be listed in the EE, on the website and in the 'Access to Firearms' in the next week or so. Likely be $429.

RU1022RBDBG-FS PRODUCT DETAILS
FAMILY:10/22 Series MODEL:10/22 I-TAC TYPE:Rifle ACTION:Semi-Auto FINISH:Blue STOCK/FRAME:Synthetic Stock STOCK/GRIPS:Battleship Grey Folding 6-Pos
CALIBER/GAUGE:22 LR CAPACITY:25+1 BARREL:16.125" RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-16
SIGHTS:None SAFETY:2 Position Crossbolt ADDL INFO:Threaded Barrel ADDL INFO:Flash Suppressor ADDL INFO:packed with one BX-25 EXCLUSIVE:TALO EXCLUSIVE

Yeah sure the RCMP are competent enough to decide our firearm future. Nothing they do makes any sense to me at all. I bet most of them never even fire guns away from the job.......

The RCMP have decided that the BX-25 is prohibited as i'ts advertised as being for the Charger pistol as well as the 10/22.

Bastards... It's a shame that just because a "version" of the 10/22 rifle happens to resemble and be called a "handgun", that we have to deal with the magazine restrictions of it. By that logic, I should be able to get a semi-automatic, magazine-fed centerfire rifle, put a short barrel and pistol grip on it, and call it a pistol... At least then I could "legally" have ten-round magazines for it. I'd be willing to stick to pistol calibers as well... There's a couple 9mm carbines out there.

^^^This. If they'd ever bring out the identical mag, but advertised as being solely for the 10/22, they'd be allowed. The 'stupid' in our firearms laws never ends.

Just received final word from the 'lab' at RCMP. These guns are just like any other 22 10/22. Non restricted, of course. Only thing is, instead of pinning the BX-25, we are swapping out for a 25 rd butler creek. That is not ideal but , until the law changes, I guess its the way to go. :)
BTW, the rifles are here and ready to go. Will be several days before listed on the website though.

Our laws have zero logic.
Charger pistol is restricted, but the magazine for it is prohibited?
They don't use that logic on the ar mags...
someone could use a 10rd pistol mag in their rifle by accident, so by this logic all 10rd mags would be prohib.
I guess they're are named as pistol mags.
I guess the importers need to bring in "pistol" mags and "rifle" mags for the 10-22 separately

I read on another thread that the bx-25 mags are now non-restricted because ruger changed the packaging saying it is for the 10/22.

Back
Top Bottom