Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Any update on the MPAR 556?

Any updates Blue line?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Member of the CCFR

Sweet. It looks like an updated AR-180 with all the bits in the right place without the goofy bits of an AR-15 (you shouldn't have to remove the rifle from the shoulder to charge it... no need for a forward assist... gas piston).
    All that being said, it should stay open on the last round.

Give it a 19" barrel and a competitive price point & I'm in for one.
    Last edited by JetRanger; 10-15-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

Revolted
    Sorry guys, nothing to update at this time.

Cheers,
    Ryan

Revolted
    Hello All,

Just recently got word from MasterPiece Arms. They have made some design changes to the MPAR and they are now shipping the rifle out in their domestic market to start to satisfy their backorders. As i'm sure all of you can understand this is their main focus at this time. We are working on establishing an ETA when we may see a sample of the Canadian model of the MPAR-C and we will keep everyone posted as to our progress.

MasterPiece Arms has many new products in development at this time, and we look forward to bringing as many of these as we are able to the Canadian market. It is an exciting time and we are working as diligently as possible. I apologize for the delays and for how long some of these processes can take, most of these are out of our control. It is not easy bringing new products in to the country, it is very time consuming and costly because of all of the hoops which must be jumped through and we appreciate peoples patience.

We appreciate everyone's support and we will continue to bring new and exciting products to Canada as frequently as we are able.

Best regards,
    Ryan

Any update on the MPAR 556?

Awesome work ryan!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
    Sweet. It looks like an updated AR-180...
    It's essentially an updated Leader T2, which in turn was an Australian modification of the AR18.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Keep it around 1k and your going to sell them. Keep it around 1k and NR and your going to sell a LOT!
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr13tkvJfP1qjic3ro1_500.gif

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Sometimes being smart is dumb. Especially when we discuss what we believe a gun is in terms of lineage.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Sometimes being smart is dumb. Especially when we discuss what we believe a gun is in terms of lineage.
    As far as I'm concerned;

It's a .223 version of the JR-Carbine. Bring on the Non-restricted status!

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    It's all preference. I look at guns differently than most. As a sporting gun it's fine.

It comes down to training and intended use. I can count to 5 or 10 too but IF the gun were to ever fill a more defensive roll ( insert favorite shtf fantasy here ) I prefer a slide locked to the rear then a click on an empty chamber. I also feel that a rifle with lrbho make identifying failures/malfunctions much easier.

Every person has different intentions for their rifles. I like everything else. Just not interested without the lrbho.

I really wish we would slip into a zombie apocalypse... World would be SO much simpler!

Just my opinion folks. Not telling anyone else not to buy one.

I've been watching this rifle in hopes that the maker would add this feature, they haven't. It's ok. Just not for me.
    Even on a range gun, if it's semi auto, I'm really looking for LRBHO.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis