Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vz58 pistol mags??

Vz58 pistol mags??

Are these 10 round mags legal in Canada? Can I use them in my cz858 with no pin in the mag at 5 rounds?

Edit by Zahal: This is what you're looking for...

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ol-RCMP-Report
    Last edited by Zahal.org; 04-09-2015 at 01:20 PM.

I know that when a magazine is manufactured for a "handgun" it is allowed to be 10 rounds but just cause you have a very short barreled vz58 does that make it a "pistol"? And does writing "10 round pistol magazine" on the side make it legal? Does writing "this firearm is not fully automatic" on the side of a full auto pdw make it legal? Our laws are quite rediculous

Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    Are these 10 round mags legal in Canada? Can I use them in my cz858 with no pin in the mag at 5 rounds?
    no there is no VZ pistol in canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    These do look awesome, and I would love for them to come here by the shipping container load but there has been some questions as of lately to the legality of it beings that there is NO VZ pistol in Canada at this time. I believe the the CGN Admin has asked for no more advertising of it on CGN.

Use the search function, and you should come up with half a dozen threads covering these.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Yeah, sadly it sounds like we can't legally possess these. And I was getting so excited...
    NFA Member

Sorry guys. Until you have some Vz pistols of your own we can't be selling you any magazines for them.

These are for the US and Cz only until further notice.

CGN Regular
    The RCMP website Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72 States that 4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.

Example:
    The Marlin model 45 (Camp Carbine) rifle chambered for 45 Auto caliber uses magazines designed and manufactured for the Colt 1911 handgun, therefore the seven round and eight round capacities are permitted. A similar example is the 10 round capacity magazine for the Rock River Arms LAR-15 pistol, regardless of the kind of firearm it is actually used in.

It says nothing at all that the pistol it is designed for must be available for sale in canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    ^^^^
    The bulletin does not over rule the criminal code.

The criminal code states the magazine must be designed for a firearm that is readily available in Canada.

There are no vz58s in Canada classified as pistols.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    It says nothing at all that the pistol it is designed for must be available for sale in canada.
    Guys. It does.

Trust me. We've been over this.

When there are Vz58 pistols in Canada with an FRT number we would love to sell Vz58 pistol magazines to anyone and everyone. Until then it's a no-go.

2 seconds while we dig up the law . . .

Bam:

3. (1) Any cartridge magazine

(a) that is capable of containing more than five cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed and that is designed or manufactured for use in

(i) a semi-automatic handgun that is not commonly available in Canada,
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...62/page-1.html

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast