Introducing Prairie Shot's Canadian Made SCORE shells

Seriously, though, PrairieShot are fairly new, fairly small (but growing!) and very Canadian. There are so many products they would do well with, but they can't go in all directions at once. I know they're working on the buckshot, and we've mentioned to them the possibility of a minishell. If we all buy SCORE shells, they'll have the support to work on new products.

I'm considering buying a bunch of these slugs as the price seems good but I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews for this ammo. Anybody fired a bunch of these yet? They work well in "picky" shotguns? Think they'd work well in my KSG?

Thank you for your time.

I'm considering buying a bunch of these slugs as the price seems good but I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews for this ammo. Anybody fired a bunch of these yet? They work well in "picky" shotguns? Think they'd work well in my KSG?

Thank you for your time.

Our other thread on the slugs has a couple of reviews, and if you go here, one of our customers posted some photos!

Anyone else who wants to let us know what they think, please add your comments :)

One of our customers mentioned that the SCORE slugs work well where they had issues with other brands, and I know a couple of my customers (and me!!) plan to use them with a KSG. Just a warning with the KSG - you *need* both the 1oz and 1 1/8oz slugs so that you can switch between them, so either order a case of each, or one of our split cases!

This is great news!! We need more Canadian firearms related companies! I will be supporting them. Any chance they will be making 16ga stuff? Specifically 16ga slugs?

We're compiling a list of things to feed back to Prairie Shot, so feel free to tell us what you want! We also have low recoil slugs, and low recoil 00 Buck, and 10ga on the list. I like to think that we'll see all these things in due course, but they need to prioritize. Maybe we'll try to set up a questionnaire for them at some stage to get a good picture of the market.

We're compiling a list of things to feed back to Prairie Shot, so feel free to tell us what you want! We also have low recoil slugs, and low recoil 00 Buck, and 10ga on the list. I like to think that we'll see all these things in due course, but they need to prioritize. Maybe we'll try to set up a questionnaire for them at some stage to get a good picture of the market.

:agree:

A questionnaire would be good, as I would also like some .410 shells!

Bearc

This is great news!! We need more Canadian firearms related companies! I will be supporting them. Any chance they will be making 16ga stuff? Specifically 16ga slugs?

There is another CGN sponsor with a 'heck' of a deal on a 16 guage gun. But extremely little ammo available. Maybe a merger?

Bearc

Love 16ga: stopping power of a 12ga, but without the kick. I am fortunate that all the local outfitters carry 16ga from Federal. Types available in 2 ¾" shells: 6 and 7 shot size as well as rifled 4/5 oz slugs. A 5-pack of slugs runs $4.95. A 25 round box of 6 or 7 shot size is $9.95. Always in stock here in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island. Don't know of elsewhere, though. Would love to see shot sizes in 1, 0, or 00 for small to medium game, but the 16ga slug will still take down a large black bear and Roosevelt elk with a single, well placed shot.
When I head out for clay shooting, we usually go all day. After hundreds of rounds, the guys with the 12ga guns are bruised and battered and can barely lift their arms. But with my J. Stevens single shot 16ga, I can still continue and have next to no shoulder bruising at the end of the day. Definite advantages over 12ga.

Any word on the Aguilla minishells clones?
I would so be into them......

They'd have to change up their manufacturing system for that - but I did press the case. I think their main priority right now is the 00 Buck, but I know minishells would be a hot seller.

Back
Top Bottom