Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In need of a $1 spring, that dosent cost $36 to ship from numrich; Help? Spgfld 87A

I bought a piece online for an older rifle that I could only find in the states, 6 dollar part, 50 dollar shipping...Sometimes you got to invest a little more than you should in to a firearm..
    His calcabo gentes.
    By these I will trample on the nations.
    "It is very easy to judge in leisure what people have had to do in haste...." Paul Harrell

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    May I ask how this got going in our forum ?
    John
    Noob, learning his way around these parts. Can you move it??

Thanks all, i was told to ask you guys at marstar, so if you dont know how to get my spring... ive found many awesome and generous guy/girls helping me out with my needed part anyway...

so john can you help me with that particular part for my rifle? thats how 'this got here'

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmt3 View Post
    so john can you help me with that particular part for my rifle? thats how 'this got here'
    Marstar has ten mail boxes.... All ready to serve you... Try frank@marstar.ca hes our gunsmith
    John

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Marstar has ten mail boxes.... All ready to serve you... Try frank@marstar.ca hes our gunsmith
    John
    now that there is awesome customer service..., just sayin

deleted

Thanks johnone, I'll send him a quick email.
    Now lets yeah this thread

CGN frequent flyer
    Brownell's does not seem to "do" padded envelopes :-(

{sigh}

If the spring is a regular coil type of spring, try making one. It only costs about $5 to make 50 springs if you buy music wire of the proper gauge (thickness of wire). I always make hard to find or expensive springs. Any music shop or piano tuning shop will have the type of wire that is needed. Then just get a piece of wood with a couple dowels in it and use a drill with another proper diameter dowel or similar round pc of steel that will wrap wire around it. ( old drill bits inserted backwards so the smooth round end sticks out ). Trial and error at first, but will cost pennies to a spring that might require a few inches of wire.

Google "how to make homade springs with music wire", or check youtooby for videos. Its easy to find videos or pics showing how to make a jig and how to make different types of springs.....once you learn how to do it, you will wish you learned how to make your own springs long ago. I keep about a dozen different gauge sizes of music wire in my shop to make any firearm spring I need, and have been gifted many free cases of beer over the years from friends with old rare guns that just needed a custom spring installed in a gun that would otherwise been a mantle piece.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast