VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

I was planning to buy CSA 7.62x39 from SFRC, but after reading this, I am definitely not going to do it!

It appears that CSA rifles are not up to the standards set by CZ 858?

Even in 7.62X39, let alone .223 ?

I was planning to buy CSA 7.62x39 from SFRC, but after reading this, I am definitely not going to do it!

It appears that CSA rifles are not up to the standards set by CZ 858?

Even in 7.62X39, let alone .223 ?

hold on to your panties son, nothing wrong with the 762x39 vz. move along and make your purchase. actually... dont because I'm going to buy that last vz non-restricted from sfrc.

I bought one of these in 2011 ... I bought 4000 rounds of AE 55 FMJ ... ive put 1000 rounds through it and not a single malfunction ... And yes has the Gen 2 magwell adapter. It all works flawlessly.

I don't know what to say. That's is a brutal video ... best of luck !

hold on to your panties son, nothing wrong with the 762x39 vz. move along and make your purchase. actually... dont because I'm going to buy that last vz non-restricted from sfrc.

Good to see you- supporting fellow shooter who is given runaround by North Sylva, and what is not a first time to read about similar situation with them.

Keep those panties for yourself, looks like you gonna need them.

They have had mine for over a month. Light primer strikes. Hope it comes back working. It cost me $45 to ship back a brand new rifle. Didn't figure that into the cost. Not much of a deal when you gotta pay to send it back when its brand new. Not like I broke it and needed warranty work. It just never worked.

I am in no means saying that NS does not distribute great items.... this is just my experience with the retailer SFRC and North Sylva..... I have spent loads money at SFRC and have always been very happy with them.... but depending how they sort this out will determine if I continue to buy from them.
Service is not just getting the product to your customer in a timely matter it is also helping them when trouble arise that really makes a good retailer and this is what I am going to find out.

CHeers

Good to see you- supporting fellow shooter who is given runaround by North Sylva, and what is not a first time to read about similar situation with them.

Keep those panties for yourself, looks like you gonna need them.

They have had mine for over a month. Light primer strikes. Hope it comes back working. It cost me $45 to ship back a brand new rifle. Didn't figure that into the cost. Not much of a deal when you gotta pay to send it back when its brand new. Not like I broke it and needed warranty work. It just never worked.

Yah that cut me too and I am sure I will be paying again to return this rifle =( ( I spent a lot of extra cash on this rifle.... furniture, stock extension, sport/scout mount, magwell adaptor and 4 extra mags. Some of this I will be able to use on my CZ 858 but the others will go into the boan room or be sold at a lose =(

I would send the rifle back with a copy of the video & ask for a full refund, including shipping. That's ridiculous. Someone has some quality assurance & risk issues to deal with. Unbelievable!

Probably a tight firing pin for the firing issue. Brake cleaner could do or it was not properly fitted. If the lips on the mag are to wide or to tight it could cause the bullet to trike the feed ramp at an odd angle and press it into the casing, but it may also maybe the bolt missaligned with the chamber ( witch I have never seen daugh) and cause feeding issues and an off center pin strike, all depending on how much play the bolt face allows with the cartridge base ( it woulds have to be very wide)

I'd like to know what what sort of test or inspection they ran this rifle through when you sent it in. It's ridiculous that they told you there was nothing wrong adn sent it back to you in "operational standard". What a joke!

When they had my compact 7.62, they said they ran 5 rounds and 4 outta 5 were a misfeed. I told them to run more so they ran a supposed 50 rounds and then claimed they had 45 outta 50 fire no problem. Then when I adked about the other 5 rounds the guy had the balls to say to me that its the design of the rifle. Maybe its time NS changes their staff around a little.

You've done enough trying to remedy this gun. Either resign yourself to sending it back over and over until they replace/refund (or properly repair), or start thinking about starting a small claims action. Unless firearms are some kind of exempt consumer product, a product sold must be fit for the purpose for which it was intended. If it's not, then the seller has not lived up to its end of the bargain, and must replace/repair/refund. You paid for a new, functioning firearm...

Keep the video evidence going and hold on to all documents & correspondence.

Send it back. And as suggested I would send a copy of the video with it. That is a dangerous firearm and should be treated that way. I've heard of soft primers causing slam fire but that is a little nuts.

If you do try and fix it yourself, maybe load only two rounds in the mag at a time. Otherwise, if you get the feeding problem fixed you may find it slamfiring through an entire mag.

Already started the process I want nothing more to do with this rifle... I own a number of other firearms and have had little to no problems all stuff I could troubleshoot and fix myself and am very happy with them. But this is too much I just want to wash my hands of this and purchase another rifle that will give me the joy I need with breaking it in =)
Cheers
You've done enough trying to remedy this gun. Either resign yourself to sending it back over and over until they replace/refund (or properly repair), or start thinking about starting a small claims action. Unless firearms are some kind of exempt consumer product, a product sold must be fit for the purpose for which it was intended. If it's not, then the seller has not lived up to its end of the bargain, and must replace/repair/refund. You paid for a new, functioning firearm...

Keep the video evidence going and hold on to all documents & correspondence.

Already started the process I want nothing more to do with this rifle... I own a number of other firearms and have had little to no problems all stuff I could troubleshoot and fix myself and am very happy with them. But this is too much I just want to wash my hands of this and purchase another rifle that will give me the joy I need with breaking it in =)
Cheers

I don't blame you for going that route. In fact, I would probably stop trying to remedy the problems yourself. I can see the other side alleging that the problems were caused by your efforts to fix the gun.

I wish you success.

Back
Top Bottom