VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

Few things in life are more frustrating then something wrong with your car or firearm, specially when new. Both are expensive and Its something that has to work, its only job in life is to work or get you to work. That and I find both are somewhat emotional buying experiences.

I would send the rifle back with a copy of the video & ask for a full refund, including shipping. That's ridiculous. Someone has some quality assurance & risk issues to deal with. Unbelievable!

Today I received a blast of news from SFRC... firstly "they do not do refunds or credit" secondly I am being told I only had 3 months to do a charge back to my credit card" and lastly that I must completely go though North Sylva to fix this rifle.....

Before calling SFRC I contacted my credit card company and told them my situation, they told me I should try and get a refund or if I like credit from the retailer and if that did not work to phone back and they would charge back.

I can not believe this #### telling me too bad you had the rifle for 3 months we wont take it back and listen to this I was told you can not do a charge back because you have the rifle and " I wont except a ATT to be delivered to here"

I am frustrated upset the way this is being dealt with I will be calling my credit card company right away....

I believe I told you I would contact North Sylva for you and asked for the last 4 digits of your serial #. I told you we don't do refunds after 7 months and I don't think you can do a charge back after 7 months. Before saying this I also stated it wasn't a "threat", it was just a comment regarding charge back time frames. You then hung up without giving me any information. I asked you what the issue is, what North Sylva told you they had done, etc so I could go over it with them. Instead of answering you just hung up.

Ryan

Today I received a blast of news from SFRC... firstly "they do not do refunds or credit" secondly I am being told I only had 3 months to do a charge back to my credit card" and lastly that I must completely go though North Sylva to fix this rifle.....

Before calling SFRC I contacted my credit card company and told them my situation, they told me I should try and get a refund or if I like credit from the retailer and if that did not work to phone back and they would charge back.

I can not believe this #### telling me too bad you had the rifle for 3 months we wont take it back and listen to this I was told you can not do a charge back because you have the rifle and " I wont except a ATT to be delivered to here"

I am frustrated upset the way this is being dealt with I will be calling my credit card company right away....

Well then I guess you should be contacting your CC company and doing the charge back instead of continuing here.

Just saying at this point in the game silence is golden, as say this event ends up going to arbitration or small claims, the more you say now the more information you give and could be held against you.

I've always enjoyed service with SFRC; and his response post to you illustrates why I like dealing with them ((they tend to give you the answers you need; but you do some times need to remove the emotion from expensive problems)).

The reality is you have a defective product that on your end seem to be getting no service; generally there's one year warranties to firearms ((I really don't know in the case of this firearm)); so I'd give the information requested by the seller and allow him a week to get you an answer on how to proceed. After that you could start a small claims notation on the item ((if CC company can't do squat, and in my experience they can't/won't)).

And neither of you want it to go to small claims; its added expense to both parties and a pain in the ass.

Your story doesnt match up with a ryans.... Iv done plenty of bussiness, and read others peoples issues reguarding a similar problem, and what ryan said, is similar, if not exactly how he handles his other clients... from what im viewing, You completly took what he said out of context, and spun his words around to demonize him, also, how does coming on a forum to talk crap going to help you any better? SFRC are legitmate, iv been doing bussiness with them for years, and I just can't fathom your story, and how he aparently treated you like you claim he did.... unbeliveable is how you twist his words, wow buddy, wow. :mad:

Soldier, feel free to call me back if you want. I just spoke to North Sylva and we should have a solution for you. North Sylva and I have an excellent working relationship but before I call and start to ask them stuff etc I have to know all the facts. Fortunately I was able to piece enough from reading all of this and from it going in for warranty to find a solution for you.

Ryan

It's still a pretty sweet rifle, despite the fact you got a lemon... a replacement rifle from NS or your dealer should be the course of action if your out of the refund time frame.

That's why we always wear safety glasses !!!!! Not sun glasses... ballistics to protect those valuable fluid filled balls in your head. Glad you weren't hurt.

Call buddy back and talk it out.... after all the customer is the #1 priority.

Cheers

the issue is all the good words from NS won't do nothing to the case that we(Lemon owner) want our money back, not another vz that have a chance to be another lemon.
And i don't understand why it take so long to inspect a freaking firearm for a warranty center! Come on we already paid enought money for something that doesn't work

I believe I told you I would contact North Sylva for you and asked for the last 4 digits of your serial #. I told you we don't do refunds after 7 months and I don't think you can do a charge back after 7 months. Before saying this I also stated it wasn't a "threat", it was just a comment regarding charge back time frames. You then hung up without giving me any information. I asked you what the issue is, what North Sylva told you they had done, etc so I could go over it with them. Instead of answering you just hung up.

Ryan

Ryan if you can't see that someone would be upset after the crap I have went through.. bah! If I had of known this would happen I would have charged back the day I first found all the issues instead of waiting for this rifle to get fixed.... Most purchasers of restricted firearms know, you buy the firearm... wait to have it delivered, then wait for the registration papers to come in the mail, then goto the range, after the issues I had to take 2 weeks troubleshooting with SFRC, then it took 3 weeks to finally get my RMA # and sent it off... it took over 4 months for my to get my rifle back.
You like to put it as I have sat on this rifle for 7 month and now have buyers remorse!

I do apologize for hanging up I thought it was my best option other then getting angry on the phone... I can't do a charge back and now I have learned a hard lesson which will never happen again.

I am frustrated with this whole situation... the rifle, the way the rifle took so long to get "fixed"

Standard procedure as VZ58 issue coming when asking them
1. Ammo issue
2. Muzzle brake issue
3. Mag adapter
4. Sent to NS
5. 3-4 month later, "No problem at all" as their gunsmith testing fired, so it must be your issue.
6. Take it back
7. Find somebody else

Sounds like Ryan wants to work it out. Give him a call. You have every right to be frustrated in this situation, lets see how NS and SFRC will come through to actually fix the issues here. I realize though, in fact you have already been down that road with NS, and the results were less than favourable. At this point, and with this sort of exposure, I'm sure they will find a solution to the problem.
Lets hope.

J

That you for the call back, I'm pretty sure we have solved everything. We're going to be talking again tomorrow morning to sort out a few final details.

Ryan

Ryan if you can't see that someone would be upset after the crap I have went through.. bah! If I had of known this would happen I would have charged back the day I first found all the issues instead of waiting for this rifle to get fixed.... Most purchasers of restricted firearms know, you buy the firearm... wait to have it delivered, then wait for the registration papers to come in the mail, then goto the range, after the issues I had to take 2 weeks troubleshooting with SFRC, then it took 3 weeks to finally get my RMA # and sent it off... it took over 4 months for my to get my rifle back.
You like to put it as I have sat on this rifle for 7 month and now have buyers remorse!

I do apologize for hanging up I thought it was my best option other then getting angry on the phone... I can't do a charge back and now I have learned a hard lesson which will never happen again.

I am frustrated with this whole situation... the rifle, the way the rifle took so long to get "fixed"

That you for the call back, I'm pretty sure we have solved everything. We're going to be talking again tomorrow morning to sort out a few final details.

Ryan

After calling Ryan back and apologizing for hanging up and seeing though the misunderstanding, he has set my mind at ease.

I will have to say my final communication with North Sylva was nice and clear and I was updated in a timely manner, just the results I received from the actual work on the rifle and the time I had to wait (they did have an employ that was working on my rifle leave and leave my rifle in limbo) put a down side to it...

As for SFRC I just wanted someone to help which after Ryan got involved and I left my emotions out of it he looks like he has a really good grip on things and after this is all said and done I look forward to making many more purchased from SFRC knowing there is someone there that will help if there is a problem!

Cheers

Interestingly, I was watching a Larry Vickers youtube installment and he was testing a modernized AK chambered in 5.56...said it just isn't quite as reliable.

I have a Norinco 84S which is just a semi-auto AK47 but chambered in .223. It is now a 12/5 prohib but when I could shoot it :mad: it was reliable. However, it would throw empties about 30 feet (seriously) and every empty had a nasty crescent shaped crease in it where it hit the dust cover upon extraction. It appears that all Norinco did was install a .223 barrel, bolt & mag on a standard AK. They obviously didn't take into account the higher operating pressure of the .223 which worked the gas system a lot harder. At the time I couldn't even get a heavier recoil spring to slow down the action so I just lived with it. I suspect that if I had used it a lot I would have had accelerated wear problems due to the violent extraction. Of course the gov't. solved my problem by refusing to issue ATTs for 12/5s so now I imagine it will pretty much last forever. :kickInTheNuts:

Back
Top Bottom