Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printed Magazine Body Extensions – FAQs, Requests, Reviews, Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by GSdesigns View Post
    Depends on how the mag is made, but without adding another spring I don't think I could add more than 1 or 2 to the capacity.
    How hard would it be to get another spring?
    NFA member

Any word on the M14 extensions? I'd rather buy the short mags for (less than) half the price of the full length pinned ones and have cash left over after buying extensions.

Expired Business Member
    I'm currently still working on other new items, I'll try to get to them soon. Where would I be able to buy one of each length of M14 mag?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Any word on the M14 extensions? I'd rather buy the short mags for (less than) half the price of the full length pinned ones and have cash left over after buying extensions.

Expired Business Member
    It's pretty easy to find springs for AR type mags, I'd have to check out the Grizzly mags first hand to see if it's feasible to make an extensions that actually increases capacity though.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    How hard would it be to get another spring?

oooh dont tease me :D
    NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by GSdesigns View Post
    I'm currently still working on other new items, I'll try to get to them soon. Where would I be able to buy one of each length of M14 mag?
    I have one of each that I'm not using right now. I can loan them to you if you like.

Expired Business Member
    Sorry for the long delay in responding guys, I had a hectic exam season so I took a little hiatus from CGN. Grizz, if the offer is still open, I can start work on those extensions for you starting in January.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jackrabbit000's Avatar
    These 3D printers are awesome, the mag extensions look great.

I'm thinking exactly the same as zeuce is on this one. This isn't necessarily a question for the Op, but would the spring from a twenty round M14 (M305) mag work? If not, It might be worth sacrificing a second mag simply to attach the springs together with a bit of solder or a quick weld...

This is probably reaching for the stars, but is there a way to get the specs from a Saiga 12 drum mag and just change the mag lips to match the housing on a Grizzly shotgun? I'm not terrible up-to-speed on 3D printers, hell, I still have trouble getting my own printer to work.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Let me give a plug. GSdesigns is being shy. He has created amazing dual and quad connectors for those using stubby mags for their AR-15s in 9mm.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.