Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printed Magazine Body Extensions – FAQs, Requests, Reviews, Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by GSdesigns View Post
    Extensions now available for Mini-14 5 rounders

It looks awesome... and no more weird looking on my Mini14 when loaded with those factory 5 rounders...

BTW, how I can place an order?...

Cheers,
    bossh

CGN Regular
    Now that these have been out in the wild so far how are people finding them durability wise? I have a few of the plastic extensions to bind two LAR15 magazines together and found that the lips on the plastic wedge to break off under course use. Have these been more stable that way.
    Also any pictures of the 10 round 9mm AR magazine extensions? Where can I get the magazines, still cant find them?

Jesse

Expired Business Member
    Hi Jesse,

I haven't heard back from many people that have had them break, though I'm not sure what the average user puts them through. I've done some durability tests and, as with anything, they will break with enough force. They're more likely to break if thrown onto hard surfaces like concrete repeatedly, or hit with a lot of force from the side while the mag is loaded. I found that in previous versions, the rear tabs broke more easily than the front tabs, so in the current revision, they're reinforced. Also, the steel mags have less room for the tabs, so they're slightly thinner on the trapezoid mag extensions.

You can see the added thickness to the top of the extensions covering the rear tabs. The darker grey one is for the trapezoid mags, the tabs are about 10% thinner. I couldn't reinforce the front tabs because of the way the extensions attach.

I didn't take any photos of the straight coupler for the 9mm mags, but the + shaped one that Deckard asked me to make looks like this. The straight one holds two mags in the same fashion, and is slightly shorter, about the length of the 30 round PMAG.

CGN Regular
    Cool that is perfect I will be putting in a order for a few and take them on some courses this spring. Do you know where those 9mm Mags came from I have been trying to find some and I am not having any luck.

Jesse

Expired Business Member
    You would have to ask Deckard, I don't own a 9mm AR or magazines for them. The ones in that photo were on loan.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    My pleasure. I have to say I have nothing but praise for a guy who can take concept photos, elevate them manifold, and come up with a great system.

You will see the Double and Quad systems that evolved after a couple of generations.

Here you see a practical way to assemble them. I started the mag on the extension, pressed in the bare spring with my hand while moving the mag in place. A butter knife helped with the last coil of the spring. Add screw and done.

Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar

Thumbs up

Great quality folks.
    Last edited by Deckard; 09-01-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    Hi,

Would you be interested in making a magazine coupler for the NS522 mags?

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...gazine-coupler

Thanks

Expired Business Member
    It's hard to tell from your photos, but whether I can do it depends on how much the mags protrude from the bottom of the rifle.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GSdesigns View Post
    It's hard to tell from your photos, but whether I can do it depends on how much the mags protrude from the bottom of the rifle.
    Unfortunately only the base sticks out