Tired of having a forward mounted optic on your CZ?

Wolverine Supplies Sales

Business Member Rep
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
These are manufactured in the Czech Republic for the VZ 58 family. The side scope rail is designed for CSA rifles, minor modification is required to install on the CZ 858 rifle series.

CSA VZ 58 Sporter Receiver Side Rail $32.95

CSA VZ 58 Sporter Red Dot Picatinny Scope Mount $67.50

CSA1_zpsbd957cd3.jpg

I bought a sidemount, in the photo below, from you guys a couple few years ago with the intention of getting a rail and mounting it.

Do you know if my sidemount will fit that rail?

cf2012120234A7005.jpg

My CSA was pre drilled and threaded for the rail. The mount went on easy and holds zero after reassembly. I've had it for less than a year now - works well

I don't mind a small red dot upfront but ever since I mounted a rear peep sight and fibre optic front post I'm less inclined to even bother with the red dot.

Actually... No I'm not tired of having a forward mounted optic on my 858. In fact I believe it's the only way to mount a red dot optic on the rifle.

So we put our heads together here this morning and we are 99.9% sure that this will work with the new rails.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try one on my 858 then. :)

To try and help out with the question of CZ858s...

From what I understand from other sites(note that I do not have first hand knowledge)

The side of the receiver on the CZ858 is thinner than the VZ 58. This means that drilling and tapping is "iffy". A solution is to drill holes in the receiver and use nuts and bolts. Being VERY sure to lock the nut onto the bolt on the inside via a nylock, lockwashers, loctite, peening threads, etc. You will need longer bolts with bevel heads I'm guessing.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try one on my 858 then. :)

To try and help out with the question of CZ858s...

From what I understand from other sites(note that I do not have first hand knowledge)

The side of the receiver on the CZ858 is thinner than the VZ 58. This means that drilling and tapping is "iffy". A solution is to drill holes in the receiver and use nuts and bolts. Being VERY sure to lock the nut onto the bolt on the inside via a nylock, lockwashers, loctite, peening threads, etc. You will need longer bolts with bevel heads I'm guessing.

This is exactly how they have to be mounted on the CZ858's although many have had good luck just drilling and tapping the receiver and not using the bolt. The difference in the thickness on the receiver is actually very small. If the rail doesn't work, please contact Danielle as she has assured me it will fit. :evil:

This is exactly how they have to be mounted on the CZ858's although many have had good luck just drilling and tapping the receiver and not using the bolt. The difference in the thickness on the receiver is actually very small. If the rail doesn't work, please contact Danielle as she has assured me it will fit. :evil:

Thanks much. Done and ordered. I'll post up some photos of the rail once I mount it.

Back
Top Bottom