Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HC3R Ruger 10/22 Magazine

Do you carry the new Gen 2 magazines ? Or do you just have the old Gen 1 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    Anyone shot these...and loaded them correctly!!!...using Federal? Their blue box or 525 value pack ammo?
    Yes loaded correctly, yes federal 525.

Non stop failures to feed regardless of what position you put stress on the magazine to slightly alter the feed lip angle.

Biggest POS 10/22 magazine I've used so far in my life.

All following ammunition had feeding problems in a Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary Take Down, as in every or every other round failing to chamber properly and jamming on a 45 degree angle just above the chamber.

Federal Champion 525 Bulk 36gr round nose HP
    American Eagle 40gr LRN
    Blazer 40gr LRN
    Aguila Super Extra 40gr CRN
    CCI Minimag 36gr HP
    Remington Golden Bullet 40gr RN

ALL ammunition was then tested in the factory Ruger 10 round rotary magazine without a hiccup.

All ammunition was then testing in a smoked and clear Butler Creek 25 round steel lipped magazines.

Just my opinion but I do not like these magazines at all, attempting to put them in any pouch/ect can result in the stripper clip being bumped loose and everything turning into a big mess as well, including being in the factory Ruger 10/22 Takedown backpack out dirt biking.

Others may have great success with them but I have not.

I must have got one that fell on the floor because it's a piece of garbage and will not feed another round into the chamber if you put over 12 rounds in the mag. Brand new 10 22 takedown.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234