T-97 scope mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo we will need a cheek riser with a scope on the carrying handle no?

any even made for this? (readies his block of wood, cammo raggs, and duct tape)

Apparently when it was at one the stores recently, it had a red dot mounted on it. Someone who handled it commented that it lined up nicely with decent cheek-weld.

I've been on the list since 2010 and remember it having the scope mount included but I really couldn't care less if CanAm wants another few dollars for it. I'll gladly pay the money. I just want to know how much longer I have to wait to get my hands on my rifle.
I'm sick of reading all these silly posts about how guys want to modify it without even holding it yet and the back and forth garbage about if it will take pmags or not. WHO CARES? How about we worry about that crap after we have them and actually go out and test them and see first hand what works and what doesn't.
How long do we have to wait to get a reasonable ETA on delivery? Has the ship sailed? August? September? October? 2014? In today's world of communication and container tracking this shouldn't be such a mystery.

You are correct, once they are on the water we have a pretty firm ETA. But the actual trip is just the last week or two of the journey.

Someone will need to refresh my memory with an old email or post.

Lots of news today. We held this until Dominion Day.

As some already know, we are importing the T97.

Price is $849 with FREE SHIPPING.

Barrel is 475mm, so will be NON-RESTRICTED

Arrival will be after the Olympic arms shutdown. Shutdown ends in October, so they will arrive about 6 weeks after in November or December. They guns are being built as we speak.

Pre-orders will be taken. We are trying something new for pre-order. $100 deposit required and you will receive a free picatinny scope mount. These will be custom made for us, not an airsoft mount.

Happy Dominion Day.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/253196-Norinco-Type-97-849-FREE-SHIPPING

My search-fu is strong.

Apparently when it was at one the stores recently, it had a red dot mounted on it. Someone who handled it commented that it lined up nicely with decent cheek-weld.

really?

how can you have a decent cheek weld for the irons and the scope when one is an inch above the other?

guess ill find out eventually :0

humm.....I did not put the $100 deposit down back in 2009 thou......was told not to just as i was about to...... as there was a "problem" with the shipment.....

still count?

hummmm

Stop being cheap and pay them the money if you want the mount. Lots of SKS's around if you can't afford a $50 sight rail on a $1000 gun. No down payment, don't expect to find loopholes to get a freebie.

Nice to see them following through on what they said years after the fact though.

The inclusion of a scope mount was dependent on putting down a $100 deposit 4+ years ago, as that post stated. If you didn't do this, don't haggle them for free stuff, they've already been given the shaft the first time around, not to mention they are asking $150 less than anyone else offering the rifle. Show them some support here guys...

The inclusion of a scope mount was dependent on putting down a $100 deposit 4+ years ago, as that post stated. If you didn't do this, don't haggle them for free stuff, they've already been given the shaft the first time around, not to mention they are asking $150 less than anyone else offering the rifle. Show them some support here guys...

I agree.

I placed my pre-order in Oct. 2009, after the $100 deposit was waived. I'm not expecting to get a free scope mount.

Last edited:
Hey guys
I bought the norinco 500 rounds of ammo, and 1911A1 deal; These guys at Canada Ammo smack stuff out of the park. On top of the said items, they included a spare set of grips for those that quibbled about the grips they came with (mine weren't cracked by the way), a stack of targets, a couple of really awesome magazines that I would subscribe to if they had an e-mail, and a cool little plastic gun to glue to the safe.
These guys are first rate, and I doubt that you'll get any less than more than what you paid for.
ivor

Stop being cheap and pay them the money if you want the mount. Lots of SKS's around if you can't afford a $50 sight rail on a $1000 gun. No down payment, don't expect to find loopholes to get a freebie.

Nice to see them following through on what they said years after the fact though.

so what is it?

if they offered the free mount years ago and I qualified for it am I being cheap or are they following through on what they said years after the fact?

As far as me being cheap.

Damn right

every gun I buy is 1) cheap 2) reliable 3) expendable

ergo my Norinco M14, Norinco M4, Norinco USGI 1911, Dominion Arms Girzly 12.5 4+1, Sks (any),
cz858

ak47 would be nice

I like the stuff you dont pay much for so you dont worry about using it and can toss some motor oil on the scratches and keep on going :)

I dont really buy many guns thou........

I've about $500/year to spend on guns and ammo

thats it

as far as the mount goes,
Tis just a matter of who qualified, if anyone, and of these folk if anyone is left who still qualifies.

so what is it?

if they offered the free mount years ago and I qualified for it am I being cheap or are they following through on what they said years after the fact? ...

You clearly said you never put the deposit down. Err-Go, you don't apply. Inquiring about it and putting the money down are two different things. What I was saying was, for those who actually did put the deposit down, it's nice to see that CanAm still honors what they said years after the fact. BTW, I like cheap guns too, I guess my post was a little off, as the T97 isn't expensive all things considered, but a little more when compared to an SKS. My main point was if you're on the fence on buying a 50 dollar sight rail, and thinking you can find a loophole to get one on the basis that you inquired about a deposit, you probably shouldn't be buying a $1K gun. Not trying to be a d!ck, just trying to get my point across is all.

Also, to Ivor, I bet you didn't know that little plastic gun as doubles as a pen! haha Just haul off the end of the barrel.

Bottom line, CanAm has been great to deal with in my experience, as well as many others. Hats off to them for securing the T97, and holding to what they said years back. /Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom