Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: M-305 & SKS special....

Looking good thedevnull looking good

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    that looks indexed too me... isnt over indexing meaning the barrel is turned past where it should be?
    that looks in the middle to me.
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

deleted
    Last edited by thedevnull; 10-26-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helidrop View Post
    Received my M305 yesterday. The barrel is indexed correctly and the front sight is straight. I wiped off the excess oil and greased her up. I took it to the range today and sighted it in at 50 yards. After a few clicks on the windage and elevation and she is hitting bang on where I want it. I am quite impressed with my rifle and am actually surprised at how nice the trigger feels. I plan to put an m14.ca scope rail on it, scope it and take it deer hunting. Oh yeah, the SKS is nice too! Thank you Marstar!
    Hey Heli..do u mind posting a pic what it looks like when properly indexed? Specially the feed ramp.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

If the little tit/tip between your feed ramps is centered properly and it lines up with the op rod spring guide end (little black thing sticking out right under barrel chamber when you look from the top at chamber) then thats a good indicator of proper indexing IMHO. The front sites CAN be out of wack without the barrel being over/under indexed as well due to things like improper flash hider installation then sight has to compensate. Thats what I have been taught about these things but lots of knowledge on here about M14/M1A/M305 platform and someone correct me if I'm wrong. I really wish Norinco would care a little more about fit and finish and QC cause other than its a good platform and a reliable product overall. Finally I'd like to add that the future price increases that are supposed to happen WILL keep me from buying any more if said increase is a reality. I'm not gonna pay $550-600 for a rifle that was $400-450 for the longest time and isn't really worth the price hike. I understand inflation, rising cost of materials and living but really they are good at $400ish not 500 or 600ish, thats just my opinion, YMMV.
    Also I should state that I don't know how much or when the price will go up, just what I've heard so its rumor but worth mentioning. Also not singling out Marstar for price increase either its supposed to be right across the board with most vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by sigrunes View Post
    If the little tit/tip between your feed ramps is centered properly and it lines up with the op rod spring guide end (little black thing sticking out right under barrel chamber when you look from the top at chamber) then thats a good indicator of proper indexing IMHO. The front sites CAN be out of wack without the barrel being over/under indexed as well due to things like improper flash hider installation then sight has to compensate. Thats what I have been taught about these things but lots of knowledge on here about M14/M1A/M305 platform and someone correct me if I'm wrong. I really wish Norinco would care a little more about fit and finish and QC cause other than its a good platform and a reliable product overall. Finally I'd like to add that the future price increases that are supposed to happen WILL keep me from buying any more if said increase is a reality. I'm not gonna pay $550-600 for a rifle that was $400-450 for the longest time and isn't really worth the price hike. I understand inflation, rising cost of materials and living but really they are good at $400ish not 500 or 600ish, thats just my opinion, YMMV.
    Also I should state that I don't know how much or when the price will go up, just what I've heard so its rumor but worth mentioning. Also not singling out Marstar for price increase either its supposed to be right across the board with most vendors.
    I agree it is sad to see the price go up. However, Barney/Hungry/Tactical teacher said something like this at the last clinic at the Dundurn Army Base. I cannot quote him cause I don't remember EXACTLY what he said but it went something like.( I look at this gun as a $400-500 receiver with a bunch of spare parts on it, some of them very good and some of them so-so) then the M305 is a great value. Most have a great receiver for a stock rifle or to build on and many other parts that you would not have to swap out to make a very good shooting, reliable rifle. So at $429 dollars its a steal and even at 500-600 it seems to still be a pretty good deal. That will not stop me from trying to save up an extra 2500 for a Match Springfield but they will more than do for the time being and I will not part with my Norc's once I get my Springfield either. Some may need some work outta the box, but almost all can be made to be great shooters!!

Some good points Walleyed99, don't get me wrong I'm not gonna part with any of my norc m14/305's either but just won't be purchasing more if/when the price increases. Lots of time between now and then though hopefully, lol. It is a good platform like I have always said, just really wish fit and finish were better but hey, whadda do?

Wife just sent text saying there was a package delivered. The rest of the work day is going to drag by.

CGN frequent flyer
    It might be socks!j

Mine arrived!! It looks fine to me. Im happy with this good deal

Oh the sks was very nice too..

Thx Marstar!!!!

Now where can i find a wood stock?
    Last edited by JimDO; 09-21-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.