Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: M-305 & SKS special....

I haven't had the chance to clean mine up yet but looking through the plastic (Using a flashlight) my receiver seems to look very similar Can anyone else who recently purchased an M305 confirm if theirs looks the same as cgnnut's???

Thanks!

I should probably add that I received my 305 yesterday and will try cleaning it asap to take a closer look before confirming whether mine looks as bad or not.

It takes all of 5 seconds to pull the plastic off, wow just wow

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    It takes all of 5 seconds to pull the plastic off, wow just wow
    lol..good point.

its not some vicious caged animal...open the bag
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

Mine was definitely not as bad as the OP. However was not perfect, it's still a nice rifle all in all. Its within a degree or so of being perfectly indexed as best as I can see. Bolt is bearing on both lugs good. Sight is slightly off to right but that should be able to be fixed with a new flash hider, which I already have. OP rod had a bit of slack in it, but was fixed up once it popped the roll pin and peened the barrel, and lock tited the guide an re installed. New spring and spring guide is in route as we speak. Sights work but will be replaced in time as the are not GI spec. But are definitely better than old Norc sights. Gas lock is perfect, tightens at 4 o'clock and mallet it to 6. All in all a nice piece.

Finally got mine. The everything looks good on the M305 except the gas cylinder lock snugs up around 10 o clock. Pretty far off.

Got an email saying the replacement M305 shipped out Wednesday the 23rd, no tracking number provided.

I'm still out the $40 for shipping back the defective M305. Not getting any clarifications here, so it seems I will have to call, and argue about what their return/exchange shipping policy is as I keep getting two different stories.

Will post pics of the replacement when it arrives.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
    Finally got mine. The everything looks good on the M305 except the gas cylinder lock snugs up around 10 o clock. Pretty far off.
    Have you tried flipping over the gas cylinder lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Shot View Post
    Have you tried flipping over the gas cylinder lock?
    No, I was reading that I have to remove the front sight to do this.. I haven't looked how to remove the sight yet but was reading online that it might be staked on or something.

A friend of mine has one. Only issue he had, not sure if its all of the M305s, is that the muzzle break was welded to the gun. he had to get a gunsmith to get it off so he could install a compensator.