Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    This should be considered the line in the sand for all Canadian gun owners. The dialogue here shouldn't be what gun they're going to ban next... it should be, "what can and should be done"? This is a big deal, and should not be tolerated by any of us.
    Nothing has been banned, an importation has been blocked! Think of this as a huge "Chess game".

I'm sure you've got much good legal advice and many good opinions as well as all our interest in your success.

Is this something that a group of merchants/associations/lawyers should band together on? It seems that we're going to see more of these "technical" tactics used against individuals and individual merchants - maybe a group effort would help to share the costs/experiences/best practices and form a useful common response?
    “Now you know how I don’t like to use the sit down gun.” - Col Chestbridge

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    John, thanks for your patience in all of this. I realize that you are firmly on the side of the Canadian gun owner.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I have already considered that, I could do that. I could import with the purpose of sending it to the RCMP for examination and classification, the RCMP would be working for me so I would have the report. This would take 6 months to a year. I also have to balance this action against the best interests of the 8,000 owners in Canada, to me this is more that a question of making a quick buck!
    This shows a lot more care and forsight than was displayed in recent events effecting the status of another popular rifle.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by Arloashean View Post
    I'm sure you've got much good legal advice and many good opinions as well as all our interest in your success.

Is this something that a group of merchants/associations/lawyers should band together on? It seems that we're going to see more of these "technical" tactics used against individuals and individual merchants - maybe a group effort would help to share the costs/experiences/best practices and form a useful common response?
    Sadly Canadian gun owners and dealers can not pull together, we have no single united voice. There are many amongst us who would write off black guns in order to look after their personal interests. We have seen part time "Dealers" sink other gun classes in an ignorant attempt to save their own pet project. We need a strong united voice but I am not optimistic we will ever see one.

Sadly Canadian gun owners and dealers can not pull together, we have no single united voice. There are many amongst us who would write off black guns in order to look after their personal interests. We have seen part time "Dealers" sink other gun classes in an ignorant attempt to save their own pet project. We need a strong united voice but I am not optimistic we will ever see one.
    Basically, what you're saying we need is a gun toting messiah?

The NFA/CSSA could make that happen...

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    So true John, and that is exactly what killed us the first go round and is the major reason why all these laws we have today exist. Too many people were willing to throw others under the bus simply because "I don't shoot that type so it won't effect me".
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    From where I sit it is not so much a question of balls, which I am not lacking!, but much more a question of doing what is best for the whole firearms community.
    John and I have had a few "chess moves" between us and probably pissed each other off pretty good, but I can certainly say that I have a huge amount of respect for John, his business and what he does for this community.

He will fight and has fought for Canadian firearm owners and do what is in the best interest of the community. If there is something he can do, he will do it.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    Basically, what you're saying we need is a gun toting messiah?

The NFA/CSSA could make that happen...
    For five years I was a Director with the CSSA for ten years I was a Provincial President of the NFA so I have some inside experience with these organisations. My comments are not directed at any one personally but these organisation lack strong direction and leadership, there are always petty power struggles and back stabbing, there is no clear agenda! Yes I have to agree with you a gun toting Messiah would be very welcome right now.