Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheHuman View Post
    I'm assuming you've seen this? Page 65 of the document.
    http://www.cpcconvention.ca/wp-conte...-17-2013-3.pdf
    Grain of salt of course.
    The part about returning prohibited class to restricted/non restricted is interesting..... unless im reading that wrong...

Is the highlighted txt what is being amended in our out? In the last year I dont trust the CPC....

Also that document was from June, so what was the outcome of the proposed amendments?

h

Grain of salt of course.
    Last edited by hfp75; 09-05-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Hanser " Procrastinate now, don't put it off "
    -God Bless North America - Especially Alberta!!!
    -Some people are just dying to meet a Paramedic... Please God! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    (Its not the ZOMBIES that scare me, it is THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

Grain of salt of course.
    Excellent, that is where we should be devoting our energy, thanks for posting that, it is the most constructive comment in the whole 16 pages.

Cheers John

BANNED
    That page 65 is what I'm talking about, so when can we expect that?? (The way things are going probably never)

Quote Originally Posted by StylinMike View Post
    The part about returning prohibited class to restricted/non restricted is interesting..... unless im reading that wrong...
    That's what we were getting out of it, but it seems odd that after all this they suddenly decide to drop the Prohib class.
    I'm not complaining, but I don't know what to make of it if that is indeed what they are planning.
    However, that document was not "we will do this next", it was "things to bring up or consider", hence why I mentioned to take it with a grain of salt and not put all your faith in it just yet.

CGN Regular
    Logistically how would that be possible? How do you class automatics? Rocket Launchers? Do you create "classes" of restricted licenses (like a drivers license) where one could actually legally acquire these things?

I'll just post it here for everyone to read without having to go through the document, with some highlighting.

"The current Firearms Act which makes ownership illegal except under specific
    conditions of permission shall be rescinded and replaced
    with an Act that;
    Recognizes the right to own firearms unless that right is removed through due
    process of law on an individual basis, and; Returns the “prohibited classed
    firearms” to restricted or non-restricted classes
    , and; Recognizes the license
    and/or certificate of acquisition as the authorization to transport for each class
    named on it, and ; That licensing and/or certification shall be valid for lifetime
    unless removed through due process
    , and; A Conservative Government will
    initiate a review of the various mental health acts and privacy laws and change
    them to to ensure that applicable health care practitioners are given the means to
    advise mental health concerns (such as, but not limited to, suicidal or homicidal
    behavior or such indicated behavior) to the appropriate Police for use in
    investigating or reviewing an individual currently holding or wishing to acquire
    firearms, provided in the event this information is used to deny or revoke an
    individual, they can appeal any adverse decision to a Court for adjudication"

Make of this what you will gents.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinMike View Post
    Logistically how would that be possible? How do you class automatics? Rocket Launchers? Do you create "classes" of restricted licenses (like a drivers license) where one could actually legally acquire these things?
    I'm assuming they would keep banning explosives and fun switches, which is a non-issue to most Canadians. Perhaps said weapons will be maintained in their own class like the American "Class 3" system.

It would appear I have also accidentally derailed the thread, sorry about that.

CGN Regular
    I'm assuming they would keep banning explosives and fun switches, which is a non-issue to most Canadians. Perhaps said weapons will be maintained in their own class like the American "Class 3" system.
    Which could give way to a nice money generator for them. Im cool with paying 200$ for a suppressor tax stamp.

Is the cz 958 the same as a cz 2000?
    1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own (including protection), and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (liberal).