Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Lol. I will vote for any party that best represents my interests, my feelings, and the best interests of my country. Who cares what they call the party.
    I second that. It could be called the NDP and if it had a sincere pro-gun platform, they would have my vote.

BANNED
    If anyone still thinks the CZ858 will somehow remain NR, you have to have your head buried in the sand for the last 2 years.

No speculation from me, as we have all seen enough BS from the RCMP to make this what I would call an educated guess.

We should all just assume that the RCMP is going to attempt to reclassify the lot of them, and get F'n angry about it.

Start writing those letters, and let the CPC know they no longer have our support!!!

I would rather be told the truth, and have my guns taken by the Liberals, than be misled, and stabbed in the back by the CPC. Either way we are losing our guns, and we need to stop hoping and wishing that the CPC is going to do something about it!

Imagine we all felt relaxed, and thought the CPC had our back. We let our guard down, and look what happened!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Lol. I will vote for any party that best represents my interests, my feelings, and the best interests of my country. Who cares what they call the party.
    Noble thoughts, I used to think the same untill I learnt about our political system. If your MP votes against a bill put forward by his party he will be disciplined, so much for representing your interest. If disciplined and placed on the back benches he can do little good for you! If a majority Government party puts forward a bill and it is defeated it causes the defeat of that government, so how can your MP support your wishes if it runs against the party? Often independent MP,s are very capable but sadly with no party they have no real power. Unfortunately our system is not good, but be thankful, as there are a lot worse.

BANNED
    Meanwhile.....

Where the F are our Orgs?

Worrying about the friggin High River BS, when all this crap is going on.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Noble thoughts, I used to think the same untill I learnt about our political system. If your MP votes against a bill put forward by his party he will be disciplined, so much for representing your interest. If disciplined and placed on the back benches he can do little good for you! If a majority Government party puts forward a bill and it is defeated it causes the defeat of that government, so how can your MP support your wishes if it runs against the party? Often independent MP,s are very capable but sadly with no party they have no real power. Unfortunately our system is not good, but be thankful, as there are a lot worse.
    This is the truth!

Party Discipline basically means that there is no such thing as democracy in Canada!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    Meanwhile.....

Where the F are our Orgs?

Worrying about the friggin High River BS, when all this crap is going on.
    Partying with your money ofc.

How did I miss this .....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I just said how I would vote, I never professed to believe in democracy as a system of governance. I would be fine with a monarchy, or a benevolent dictator. At least that way we could cut off a head or two every couple of generations when we got upset enough. This way, they just pick a new dictator, and tell us everything has changed for the better every couple of elections. I feel better if we get to keep the head.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

So, to summarize. The RCMP didn't want any more CZ858s entering the country but didn't want the headache of reclassifying 8000+ existing CZ858s already in the country. This would draw too much negative publicity and be impossible to do. Instead they arbitrarily classified these shipments as prohibited, since it is easier to deal with one angry importer than it is to deal with 8000+ angry gun owners. They did this by "testing" these guns in their labs, which are not accountable to anybody. The findings cannot be appealed and were not shared. Mr. Wolverine does not want to force the RCMP's hand by pressing the issue as it could result in the reclassification of all CZ858s in Canada so is quite admirably taking one for the team.

Also, there is a CZ958 in pre-production which will probably be pretty rad. I will buy two of them.

Sound about right?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joe-Man View Post
    So, to summarize. The RCMP didn't want any more CZ858s entering the country but didn't want the headache of reclassifying 8000+ existing CZ858s already in the country. This would draw too much negative publicity and be impossible to do. Instead they arbitrarily classified these shipments as prohibited, since it is easier to deal with one angry importer than it is to deal with 8000+ angry gun owners. They did this by "testing" these guns in their labs, which are not accountable to anybody. The findings cannot be appealed and were not shared. Mr. Wolverine does not want to force the RCMP's hand by pressing the issue as it could result in the reclassification of all CZ858s in Canada so is quite admirably taking one for the team.

Also, there is a CZ958 in pre-production which will probably be pretty rad. I will buy two of them.

Sound about right?
    Yup, sounds like what's going on... FRACK!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.