Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

Quote Originally Posted by dalebrown5546 View Post
    Were the samples deemed prohibited, or was the whole family of CZ-858's deemed prohibited? 2 different things.
    Please do not read to much into this I said: "they sent three samples to the RCMP for examination who informed CBSA that they are prohibited"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    inb4theyfindareasontoseizeCSAshipments

btw, thanks for keeping us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    Wasnt the shipment mistakenly a full auto vz-58 order that was supposed to be sent to another client in another country and therefore of course they are prohib? A manufacturers shipping screw up? Wolverine can you comment if that is true?
    There was a shipping screw up but that is not relevant here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brapjack View Post
    ....ummm should we all panic buy?
    Yes. But I doubt you'll find one.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Please do not read to much into this I said: "they sent three samples to the RCMP for examination who informed CBSA that they are prohibited"
    I really hope the RCMP found these to be prohibited because of a barrel length issue, thus not affecting the whole CZ 858 family. Some people only have non-restricted PAL's and own CZ's and VZ's.

BANNED
    Whew - glad I ditched all my restricted 858's when I read the first thread...

I'm going to guess the non-res 858's in country are going to be safe - even if the RC's prohibit them, I can't see how they plan to come after them - I didn't keep any record of the 4 I sold over the past 5 years and it's a lot of warrants to issue to search the bank records, ISP's, e-mail accounts, and servers of businesses and individuals who may have bought/sold them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mmattockx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dalebrown5546 View Post
    How will people know they have a newly-restricted rifle in their safe when they don't check these forums!
    If the classification changes for the rifles already in Canada, they won't be restricted, they will be prohibited. As in confiscation.

Mark
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

- William Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    Whew - glad I ditched all my restricted 858's when I read the first thread...
    The CSA Vz 58 is not the subject of this thread. Let's not have another thread derail into speculation hell, let's stick with the facts.

[QUOTE=dalebrown5546;9080802]But that's just it! How will people know they have a newly-restricted rifle in their safe when they don't check these forums! It's just insane. We all need to get answers as to the real status of the CZ858...ssems like the VZ-58 has fallen free from all this....or has it?![/QUOT

PLEASE DO NOT READ TO MUCH INTO THIS! Three samples were examined, they and the rest of the two shipments have been returned to CZ, NO FIREARMS FROM THESE SHIPMENTS REMAIN IN CANADA.

The RCPM examined and approved the CZ 858 before we sold the first ones in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
    If the classification changes for the rifles already in Canada, they won't be restricted, they will be prohibited. As in confiscation.

Mark
    I stand corrected Mark, thank you. It could just be that they shipped the rifles with un-pinned magazines and, because the mags were in the same box as the rifles, the whole thing is deemed prohibited....we have to look at this from the RCMP's point of view; the most ridiculous and absurd reasoning.