Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

For what it's worth, thank you Wolverine for all your efforts.

You were always one of my favorite sponsors and your willingness to make this outrage right just reaffirms it once again.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Regular
    Curious to see what a cz958 looks like ????

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hermann78 View Post
    Curious to see what a cz958 looks like ????
    This

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    and it continues.

call your MPs guy

You think we haven't? Merve Tweed who was our MP has moved on to new things. The Minister for Public safety sent me a letter just days before he resigned. As I understand it the CBSA and RCMP were reporting to "our leaders" even before I approached them.
    Last edited by Wolverine Supplies; 09-05-2013 at 12:41 PM.

BANNED
    Thanks for the work you do Wolverine.

While I have personal preferences (positive and negative) with businesses to work and deal with - I consider ALL businesses doing much more to protect firearms rights than any politician or political group.

Growing the market is the best way to protect gun rights - as market momentum has a funny way of demolishing government opposition to it.

The solution to this problem isn't political. The Tories won their majority, gave lip service to gun owners by abolishing a defunct system that was a sink-hole of money - but realistically was just a number, within a line-item within their budget. Now they can write canned letter responses to anyone asking them anything about guns reminding them of the realistically trivial change they've implemented, all the while doing nothing to prevent individuals and businesses from getting steamrolled by the massive abomination or regulation, red tape, and unaccountable agencies the government has created over the past 50 years.

Also, the RCMP make too much money issuing licenses for the any one in the government to pay attention too. All letter writing and political donations do is reassure the crooks in the CPC that they can democracy their way to power - and further their goal to further consolidate power and create more institutions that trounce on the rights of little guy. I think it's a waste of time, and my efforts are best spent accumulating more wealth, investing that wealth in more guns and ammo (building up businesses like yourself), and introducing more and more people to shooting.

The thing is, having more businesses bringing in cool guns at low prices and more individuals willing to buy them is the solution - not a gun-toting messiah. No single individual or organized group of individuals will win this fight - nor should they. If those individuals or group gets taken down - then what? The cause is lost.

A disassociated group acting out of their own self interest towards a general common goal is what is needed. This is a revolution - and furthermore, it is a revolution that cannot be stopped.

It is very unfortunate what happened with the 858, but reading your posts Wolverine, I think you made and are making the right decision. Move on to the next project - carry on business as normal - keep providing the service needed to keep this market alive.

People like you are the REAL heroes in this fight - not schiester politicians, political lobbyists or even those who think political involvement will ever result in any meaningful change.

All politic involvement does is reinforce the government's stake to influence through greater centralization of power through violent or fraudulent coercion. Non-political involvement is the rejection of this idea - and my assertion that it is what has the best chance of bringing about the most positive change.

So to anyone else reading this - don't waste time writing to (or even calling) your MP. Go work for an hour at your job, earn your hourly wage, then order something from Wolverine (I ordered 3 858 cleaning kits a few weeks back - a consolation gift for Mike from Canmore over the loss of his High River residence) or take an acquaintance out shooting for the first time with your (or one of Mike's) 858(s).

You will be happier, and you can rest assured that you made a meaningful contribution to protect your rights (more so than if you spent that hour or the money you would have made in that hour writing a letter or sending the money to a political party who doesn't give a crap about you).
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 09-05-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    This
    So am I! :D

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    You think we haven't? Merve Tweed who was our MP has moved on to new things. The Minister for Public safety sent me a later just days before he resigned. As I understand it the CBSA and RCMP were reporting to "our leaders" even before I approached them.
    Was directed at the masses, I assume you have done all you can

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Was directed at the masses, I assume you have done all you can
    Sorry, I am a little snarly this morning! I think we all need to get involved with the Conservative Policy meetings.

Is this affecting the CSA vz's or are they completely different, as I believe?
    Red Dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Sorry, I am a little snarly this morning! I think we all need to get involved with the Conservative Policy meetings.
    I'm assuming you've seen this? Page 65 of the document.
    http://www.cpcconvention.ca/wp-conte...-17-2013-3.pdf
    Grain of salt of course.