Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order Process from US Site... Explained in super detail

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar

Order Process from US Site... Explained in super detail

UPDATE JANUARY 06, 2019: I BELIEVE STEP #3 IS NOW AUTOMATED COMPLETELY.

This details, basically, how to figure out what a purchase at Irunguns US SITE will cost you based on what my own purchase worked out to. I DO NOT work for Irunguns, and they certainly don't do me any favors. (I get treated like every other customer.)

1. Order firearm from US site. Price will be item cost plus flat $25.00 shipping to Irunguns in Canada, in US currency.

2. On Irunguns end (I mean the US site Irunguns.com) the item(s) will be charged in US currency to the payment option you choose.

3. Wait for the order to enter the Canadian system then Fill out the Import form completely.

4. The Item will be imported and arrive at the Canadian location sometime after the 15th following your order. Example: If you buy on January 20th, it will be shipped to Canada sometime after February 15th. Their cut off is supposed to be every 15th, but recent comments show Christmas & Shot Show delay, so December's will not be until January.

5. Then you will get an email link to make payment for the GST on the US site price and the shipping from Irunguns Canadian location to you. It was in Canadian Funds for my order.

6. Item gets shipped: viola. My timeline was about three weeks after the 15th. Example: Buy January 20th, import February 18th, email February 20th, on the doorstep March 3rd (all an estimate only: may vary)

So, a $1000.00US item total price of just a single item will look like this: (Blue is US currency, Red is Canadian currency)
    $1000.00 item
    + $25.00 ship
    = $1025.00USD

x exchange rate (assume 1.2500 here)
    = 1282.00CAN (rounded)
    + Canadian shipping (assume $25.00CAN again)
    = 1307.00
    x GST (5%)
    = 1372.00(rounded) as the complete price of the purchases

Then the charges, if using the same credit card, will look like:

$1025.00 USD for purchase and to Canada shipping (That will have to get an exchange rate! That's why some totals look wrong.)

$90.00 CAN for shipping to your house and GST

The numbers might not be perfect, but that's the process in a nutshell after I purchased from Irunguns in US the first time.
    Last edited by Aniest; 01-06-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: UPDATED
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

had a derp moment...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    So, a $1000.00US item total price of just a single item will look like this: (Blue is US currency, Red is Canadian currency)
    $1000.00 item
    + $25.00 ship
    = $1025.00USD

x exchange rate (assume 0.9800 here)
    = 1046.00CAN (rounded)
    + Canadian shipping (assume $25.00CAN again)
    = 1071.00
    x GST (5%)
    = 1124.60 (rounded) as the complete price of the purchases

Then the changes, if using the same credit card, will look like:

$1025.00 USD for purchase and to Canada shipping

$78.55 CAN for shipping to your house and GST

The numbers might not be perfect, but that's the process in a nutshell after I purchased from Irunguns in US.
    You forgot to mention that same $1000 item - Let's say an AR15- in a Canadian store would be $1400 +TX (13% Ont.) + Shipping. = $1602.
    You would save $475

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    Savings can be substantial but your exchange rate calculations aren't as simple as portrayed if using a credit card. There's the bank fee on top (usually 2.5-3.5%...but can be better or worse depending).
    μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    There's the bank fee on top (usually 2.5-3.5%...but can be better or worse depending).
    That's why it says "let's assume" in green: it becomes an area that cannot be determined without that exact buyer knowing.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Excellent explanation. Thank you for taking the time to write it out for all of us. I'm sure this answers a lot of people's questions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    and no more $100 import fee

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    Excellent.

CGN Regular
    Well done sir.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    This is very clear and very interresting... Thanks... JP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast