Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: .223 sks....

Quote Originally Posted by NoBark View Post
    But you didn't answer my question. With your opinion towards the .270 Winchester, I'm interested to know what your opinion is on the 30-06. Or even the .35 Whelen or the .280 Remington.
    I don't want an SKS in any of the above calibers, (.270, 30-06, .35 whelen, or .280 rem) hope that answers your question.

seriously though.....
    I made an uneducated rookie mistake (spouting random/wrong dribble) and thought I had already cleared that up, to be honest I don't know much of anything on the above cartridges and their benefits/drawbacks for hunting, any of them will punch a hole in paper just fine i'm sure. (I don't hunt, thought that may have been obvious too)
    Last edited by fred0000; 09-20-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    ☣Fred ought 4☣

Quote Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
    I don't want an SKS in any of the above calibers, (.270, 30-06, .35 whelen, or .280 rem) hope that answers your question.

seriously though.....
    I made an uneducated rookie mistake (spouting random/wrong dribble) and thought I had already cleared that up, to be honest I don't know much of anything on the above cartridges and their benefits/drawbacks for hunting, any of them will punch a hole in paper just fine i'm sure. (I don't hunt, thought that may have been obvious too)
    And that is exactly why you don't know anything about the .270 Winchester and yet you know enough about it to form an opinion that you don't like it. Just because Joe Blow from Kokomo told you everyone and there dog has a .270 Winchester and he doesn't like it, doesn't mean you should go around repeating what Joe Blow said.

They already tried making one if I'm not mistaken it was converts but I guess they didn't work as well as the original go figure

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    30-06 SKS would be impossible with out building a whole new rifle from scratch. Longer action, bigger springs,probbably stronger all over period.

270 was made popular due to the fact they made better bullets for it from the begining. I never bought one due to the fact I never actually seen one for sale anywheres. I would use it for most anything if I had one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 300Spartans's Avatar
    In the nineties, I remember guys talking about .223 SKS rifles at gunshows. I've never seen one however.

If there were such a beast, it would probably do well with Norinco yellow box fodder.
    Liberals really like POOR people, they're making more of them every day. --- Bearhunter (with permission)

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    I would like a .223 10/22 style gun. That would be sweet.
    There is one - the Volquartsen Evolution.
    2 Timothy 2:23
    Stay away from stupid and senseless arguments. These only lead to trouble,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    There is one - the Volquartsen Evolution.
    Wow... I want one. Thanks for the link.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Weren't all the Norinco commercial SKS's of questionable quality? (Not talking about the military surplus ones Marstar and others currently sell, they are near on par with the Russian). Even if they still have the tooling, I'm not sure I'd want a poorly built SKS clone. Although they did apparently work a small miracle with John's newest batch of M305's.

And the 270 is a great hunting cartridge. Let's see how the short mags and other recent miracle cartridges are doing in 70 years. Some of them are already fading away and the 270 was outselling them the whole time.

As others have stated, I'm perfectly happy burning through a case of cheap surplus for the time being.

The made for export sks i had was very questionable. The reciever and barrel was fine but the bolt carrier was a sloppy fit. Also the en of the op rod was crumbling from poor metals used. Id go for a decently made type 81

Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    A Mini 14 that used AR magazines would be a brilliant idea and they'd sell thousands of these rifles in Canada.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast