Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: .223 sks....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antiqueguy View Post
    only ones ive found are restricted and as such they are useless to me
    They're hot sellers, keep your eye out, I saw one on a store shelf a couple weeks back.

Are we seriously talking about the historical significance of an SKS? Come on. I agree it's not a good idea, but the concept works as a goal of sorts...a cheap semi auto in .223? Who WOULDN'T buy that? I would love to have a Mini 14, but they're too damn expensive. If you want to go into the bush with a semi auto that shoots .223, as it sits you're spending $700+. For a round that essentially has no practical purpose beyond shooting varmints, that's just too much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegunz View Post
    Are we seriously talking about the historical significance of an SKS? Come on. I agree it's not a good idea, but the concept works as a goal of sorts...a cheap semi auto in .223? Who WOULDN'T buy that? I would love to have a Mini 14, but they're too damn expensive. If you want to go into the bush with a semi auto that shoots .223, as it sits you're spending $700+. For a round that essentially has no practical purpose beyond shooting varmints, that's just too much.
    im willing to spend money on a eastern bloc design in .223 I know it would be 100% reliable but the sks is not the gun for that. since I mostly hunt varmints and pest im ok with spending a bit on a gun that would be used a lot

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    I use my csa sa 58 in 223 for coyotes around here. wasent too expensive. It has a posp scope on it. Seems to work well out to 200 meters.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567