Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Mr. Wolverine doesn't know won't hurt him!

Got mine in 9mm last week. Great service and shipped in no time!!! On the range it had no malfinctions in 100 rounds fired and shoots about 2 inches high at 10-15 meters. Fit and finish are great! I can only compare it to the other 1911 I own which is a Norc 1911a1 Sport (which shoots great too but had horrendous tooling marks inside). The trigger pull is on the heavy side but I bought this as a project gun (like the Norc) and am swaping out certain parts and am aiming for an SR1911 Cmdr look. I just got my last parts for my build yesterday from Marstar, so I'll be done soon enough. I want to add pics but don't yet know how to here... sorry

Got mine last week and first trip to the range yesterday. I put about 150 through it and it's very accurate, a few feed problems, but I think it's probably a recoil spring issue. A friend has one and he says he just swapped it out for a bit stronger spring. Other than that, shot like a dream. Great service as well.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by team1126 View Post
    Got mine last week and first trip to the range yesterday. I put about 150 through it and it's very accurate, a few feed problems, but I think it's probably a recoil spring issue. A friend has one and he says he just swapped it out for a bit stronger spring. Other than that, shot like a dream. Great service as well.
    Don't forget too that there is a break in period of 400 or so rounds. If you lube it up really well and then shoot it some more you will probably find you don't need to swap anything out on it. The pistol just needs to wear itself in a little.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

As promised once I found out how to post pics. So, it's still a work in progress, but the end result is a SR1911 look-alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Don't forget too that there is a break in period of 400 or so rounds. If you lube it up really well and then shoot it some more you will probably find you don't need to swap anything out on it. The pistol just needs to wear itself in a little.
    Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just have to shoot some more this week!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by team1126 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just have to shoot some more this week!
    Keep us updated as to how it goes.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Put my first 250 rounds through mine the other day using a mix of S&B 124gr FMJ,
    American Eagle TMJ flat point and factory reloaded 124gr JHP from Budget Shooting supplies. I found the pistol to be an accurate, easy shooter. Over the 250 rounds fired I had zero Fail to extract or Fail to eject issues. I did experience Fail to feed issues when a magazine was loaded to full capacity. I had the original mecgar magazine that came with the pistol and one stainless Metal form mag from Wolverine.

When loaded with five rounds, all three types of ammo fed without a hitch. When fully loaded, the fmj from S&B did the best but still would have issues every other mag. The pistol was well lubed with Frog lube. The problem appears to be with the magazines, not the pistol. I will put another 2-3 hundred rounds through it before I change anything.

All in all, had a great day at the range and am very happy with the pistol.

Happiness is a dirty gun

g[/IMG]
    "...disarming the Canadian public is part of the new humanitarian social agenda." - Foreign Affairs Minister Lloyd Axeworthy at a Gun Control conference in Oslo, Norway in 1998.

Took it out to the range and fired another 130 rounds through it and experienced no issues whatsoever. I am running my own reloads and the first problems might have been mine. I gauged everyone of these rounds and lubed her up well and she fired flawless. My wife has a Shadow and she tried mine and loved it. This is a sweet gun accurate as well.

just finished the project!
    wilson combat sear and hammer.
    ed brown mainspring housing
    vz grips
    new favourite pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by adrian118 View Post
    just finished the project!
    wilson combat sear and hammer.
    ed brown mainspring housing
    vz grips
    new favourite pistol!

WOW! Did you bobtail the gun yourself? looks great!
    Cogito ergo armatum sum