View Poll Results: Which bullpup?!

Voters
1205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Type 97!

320 26.56%
  • Tavor!

767 63.65%
  • BOTH! The choice is impossible otherwise.

118 9.79%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the bullpups! Type 97 vs Tavor... which is your pick?

I cast my vote for the T97

I agree that the Tavor is a much better rifle, but it comes at a heavy price tag.

If I had money to burn, then yes I would buy the Tavor hand-down, but I am a working stiff with wife and kids; thus, I got a T97 in my collection.

Even with my mods from T97.ca (FTU and LHG) I'm still 1G cheaper that the Tavor.

I'm a working man, wife and kids like many above. So I went with the T97 and FTU/LHG mods. It really is a great rifle, albeit one that needed a little work to get it reliable.
    My brother on the other hand is young, has a great job and no kids. When he was buying, I introduced the Tavor to him. Needless to say, he loves his Israeli bullpup, and for good reason. It's a great rifle out of the box, has good ergonomics and is reliable in all situations. It truly is worth the extra money paid.

We've both shot each other's rifles a number of times, and we both agree that the pendulum swings pretty evenly between both. My T97 was lighter and better balanced with iron sights, but once I added the optic it threw off the balance. Whereas his Tavor felt heavier and more tail heavy. Once he added the Eotech though, I started to prefer shooting his Tavor.

They're both great guns. I recommend buying whichever you can afford. If you have Tavor money, you won't be disappointed. But if you can only afford the T97, you're not going to be let down. The fun of shooting a bullpup is going to be the same with whichever you choose.

Tavor all day long.

I can see a lot of comments related to money, working man, kids ...well I'm too cheap to spend my money on poor quality items. You know what I'm saying��, I'm going to pass down the Tavor to my kids and grandkids, I'd be damned if l'll waste my hard earned dollar on some low quality POS Chinese metal.

Guns are some of the toys I expect to outlast me, that's why I bought a Tavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    I can see a lot of comments related to money, working man, kids ...well I'm too cheap to spend my money on poor quality items. You know what I'm saying��, I'm going to pass down the Tavor to my kids and grandkids, I'd be damned if l'll waste my hard earned dollar on some low quality POS Chinese metal.

Guns are some of the toys I expect to outlast me, that's why I bought a Tavor.
    I like the way you think.

CGN Regular
    Ok I just recently sold my x95 after three years, it killed a lot of coyotes, fox, muskrat and beaver.
    The only reason I sold it was the barrel and it’s inaccuracy issues once it heated up. Which wasn’t really that big of an issue due to when I needed it only the first couple of rounds counted. But I was just tired of when I was target shorting being embarrassed by not consistently hitting targets at range once it was heated up. That is literally my only issue with it, it has been an awesome predator rifle but just tired of neighbor out shooting me after multiple mags through rifle.
    T97 flat top once I torqued rail nuts down was shooting surprisingly well, even with cheap bulk ammo.
    The ergos are not the greatest but for my purpose I can make it work, thinking about getting another with carrying handle.....
    80 rounds not one stoppage. No weird stringing and hitting steel still......unlike neighbors new x95.....was just smiling as his rounds were hitting all around the steel plate.
    So from a former x95 owner even with the awkward ergos my vote is t97......

This will be a biased thread because people will all vote for the one they own. I have a T97. In both case you get what you paid for and both are great rifles. Obviously tavor has an edge for the price the main advantage in my opinion is easier take down for cleaning. Both operate fine. Never had problems with mag release or getting mags. Look wise I kind of prefer T97 it looks less plastic. (But has just about half as much plastic.) And Gen 2 T97 or T97 with FTU is great optic wise. The carry handle one is not as good for optics. But I usually prefer shooting irons anyway.

Also the safety is not a real issue with T97, as many to told you should never rely on the safety. I don't use it safety because it causes you to trust the rifle is "safe" With it on. And yeah it's not good for lefties tho. But I still think it looks sleeker and it feels like a real heavy duty rifle. The tavor is feather weight in comparison. For a target shooting it's fine. But like other says if you got cash to burn or picking a rifle to go to war with the tavor is better suited with a heavy trigger rest and operating in a sandy/dusty/dirty environment.
    Last edited by truemask; 11-26-2018 at 03:40 AM.

BANNED
    With Tavors on the EE regularly for 1700 ish their is Zero reason to own a POS T97. And now with the NR ATRS MVs their is Zero reason to own a bullpup.

X95s are great for women or dudes that are scared of ARs...lol... My wife loves her X95 BTW !

Have both and the t97 is more accurate with the cheap Ae I plink with . Also if I drop it or it’s gets all scratched up ... Meh . If I could get close to the price I have into the tavor no question it would be gone

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    With Tavors on the EE regularly for 1700 ish their is Zero reason to own a POS T97.
    My thoughts exactly
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68