View Poll Results: Which bullpup?!

Voters
1205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Type 97!

320 26.56%
  • Tavor!

767 63.65%
  • BOTH! The choice is impossible otherwise.

118 9.79%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the bullpups! Type 97 vs Tavor... which is your pick?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Package deal on a Tavor + T97????

When running the Type 97, remember that the Chinese use the right hand to manipulate the gun, not the left handed manipulation that us western Tavor/AR types are used to.

Keep your left hand on the fore stock, work the mag changes with your right hand, and the action with your right hand, and it will feel like it all makes sense.

Gave up on left handed mag changes, its not how the gun is designed.

CGN Regular
    I don't believe this is true, where did you hear this from? also if it were true the location of the safety does not make sense

I'd love a gold plated t97
    “How shall the new environment be programmed?
    It all happened so slowly that most men failed to realize that anything had happened at all.”

Tavor for quality, and it is battle proven tv press's fav(he has some great vids). t97 because I'm on a beer budget for that type of firearm at the present time. If I close my eyes ill just pretend(not while shooting mind you) I think I'm going to like the bullpup ergonomics, and have to man up and drop some dough on a tavor. It's really more of a fun to go and plink with for the time being type thing.... I'm all confused and need to experement, scientifically test or what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by nufros View Post
    I'd love a gold plated t97
    That would be awesome. Gold plated and wood furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Yeah, but easy to fix. Some have already done it on their own...
    Info or where and how ...pretty plz ?
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

2 t97's and 2 crates of ammo for the price of one stock tavor ...no optics . I love the Tavor not really a comparison but I just can't see ever spending that on a limited use rifle and I am not gonna panick when my t97 gets a scratch (innevitably)
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingcat View Post
    I don't believe this is true, where did you hear this from? also if it were true the location of the safety does not make sense
    Watch the videos from china with soldiers doing mag changes. Having shot mine and doing it both ways I found it was easier to maintain control of the t97 with the left hand up front and using the thumb on the right hand to engage the release, strip the mag, insert the new mag and rack the gun. Return right hand to the pistol grip and engage the target. Feels more natural and can be dome quickly. Trying to run it like a tavor feels off, and without an ambi safety is very awkward.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't own a bullpup but my buddy Jay has each. After shooting the Tavor and handling both I think the ergos of the T97 lacking but can somewhat be overcome. After looking at the mag release I can see how an ambi style ar release would be installed in the future. The safety sucks and I cant see a solution to that. Pluses for the T87 other than the price I would include that it has a true trigger guard and a better trigger than the Tavor.

Moe

Expired Business Member
    Just remember, we have plenty of .223 ammo for both of these awesome rifles too!

We should have our shipping figured out with Canpar this week. They've taken their time to get the paperwork to us, but we should be done with that! We can get quotes out to people and get the ammo shipped!