Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Utas-15 road show

I'm in cranbrook! Can I get her some time?

So I took the UTS-15 to The Shooting Edge today, shot around 40 Fiocchi slugs.

For me, gun needs at least 2-3" additional length of pull, didn't feel comfortable at all. Capability to increase the length of pull may help with short strokes as well.

As you'll see in the video, I had some feeding failures. I can't really tell if this was entirely my fault, or to do with gun not liking the Fiocchi slugs. If open, I'll stop by the shooting edge tomorrow again and try couple dozens of slugs while paying more attention to it.

When I was mounting and dry firing the gun at home, it actually felt good; attractive looks and a promising design. At the end of my first day at range though, I don't think I would purchase this gun if my life would have to depend on it. Feels like it will not function flawlessly under a duress situation.

On positive notes, it has a very nice trigger, and I had some real tight groups off hand at 25 yards...

I also have plans to take the gun to the skeet range and try some doubles to see if I can maintain positive stroke between shots.

Here is the link to the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTqNLlwLso

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    So I took the UTS-15 to The Shooting Edge today, shot around 40 Fiocchi slugs.

For me, gun needs at least 2-3" additional length of pull, didn't feel comfortable at all. Capability to increase the length of pull may help with short strokes as well.

As you'll see in the video, I had some feeding failures. I can't really tell if this was entirely my fault, or to do with gun not liking the Fiocchi slugs. If open, I'll stop by the shooting edge tomorrow again and try couple dozens of slugs while paying more attention to it.

When I was mounting and dry firing the gun at home, it actually felt good; attractive looks and a promising design. At the end of my first day at range though, I don't think I would purchase this gun if my life would have to depend on it. Feels like it will not function flawlessly under a duress situation.

On positive notes, it has a very nice trigger, and I had some real tight groups off hand at 25 yards...

I also have plans to take the gun to the skeet range and try some doubles to see if I can maintain positive stroke between shots.

Here is the link to the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTqNLlwLso
    One other user had issues with the Fiocchi slugs in the gun. We haven't used them here so I can say for sure but it seems there is a bit of a pattern. As for the functioning, as I have said before these shotguns take a bit of time to get used to the rhythm they require to function smoothly. They do take a bit of getting used to but once you get onto them they function very well. After the amount of shooting I have done with them I wouldn't hesitate to grab one in a stressful situation. It all boils down to the old "know your firearm, and practice, practice, practice" doctrine.
    Can't wait to see how you make out at the skeet range. Have fun!
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Grumpy, I would love to see the UTS in action on my fudd skeet range! a little while ago a guy showed up with a 14" M2 Benelli and blew away all the Krieghoffs and Blasers! The looks on the faces were priceless, I wish I had my camera with me.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    Grumpy, I would love to see the UTS in action on my fudd skeet range! a little while ago a guy showed up with a 14" M2 Benelli and blew away all the Krieghoffs and Blasers! The looks on the faces were priceless, I wish I had my camera with me.
    That would be fun to see for sure. Once the gun is finished on the east coast it will work it's way back west again.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    I'll be shooting the UTS at DeWinton skeet field Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting...

I'll have a Krieghoff with me as well, if you would like to compare!!!

I'll be shooting Kent 24 gram fast #9 skeet loads, looking forward to see how they'll work with the gun...

Range opens 12:00, planning to be there around that time...

Hey guys
    The UTS arrived on the Cape yesterday and im planning on being at the Leitches Creek range on either Monday or Tuesday if anyone is around let me know

So we shot about 100 rounds with Kent shells. It failed to cycle once, and that was my mistake with short stroking the gun.

We had the international skeet range, so targets are faster, however I had no difficulties breaking doubles at station 1, 2, 7 and 8. There is no aiming when you shoot those doubles, so I can easily say natural pointability is very good. We even got a double on 4th station!!!

We had GoPro capturing our trial, I'll provide the link once it is posted in YouTube. Will try this again tomorrow, weather permitting, as it was great fun...

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    So we shot about 100 rounds with Kent shells. It failed to cycle once, and that was my mistake with short stroking the gun.

We had the international skeet range, so targets are faster, however I had no difficulties breaking doubles at station 1, 2, 7 and 8. There is no aiming when you shoot those doubles, so I can easily say natural pointability is very good. We even got a double on 4th station!!!

We had GoPro capturing our trial, I'll provide the link once it is posted in YouTube. Will try this again tomorrow, weather permitting, as it was great fun...
    Thanks for the report, those Go Pro cameras are great. That is what I took to New Zealand and it was all we used to take the video from the chopper. Look forward to seeing your video on the UTAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    One other user had issues with the Fiocchi slugs in the gun.
    Fiocchi is the only brand of shell my 870 doesn't like too. I think there is definitely a pattern.