Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Utas-15 road show

This is a great idea John. I always look forward to updates to this thread.

Can someone keep us up to date on an overall roundcount? I think it's probably only at the 200 from the first chap, but each user may put more than the required 200 rounds through the gun.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halguy View Post
    This is a great idea John. I always look forward to updates to this thread.

Can someone keep us up to date on an overall roundcount? I think it's probably only at the 200 from the first chap, but each user may put more than the required 200 rounds through the gun.
    That shotgun has 400+ rounds through it with John and I as well.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    It's to bad john is not going to make Novembers Haida Gwaii deer hunt
    The only way to test a shotgun or rifle is to go hunting with it
    Just to rub it in John I have bin hunting with a outlaw 12" barrels and slugs with good results
    And now the full rut is starting and it's going to be a crazy November hunt lots of deer to work on lol

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    It's to bad john is not going to make Novembers Haida Gwaii deer hunt
    The only way to test a shotgun or rifle is to go hunting with it
    Just to rub it in John I have bin hunting with a outlaw 12" barrels and slugs with good results
    And now the full rut is starting and it's going to be a crazy November hunt lots of deer to work on lol
    Thanks very much for the offer but there simply is not enough hours in the day for me to do everything that I would like to. Good luck with your hunting, cheers.

My comment

I have a uts and my first empression was bad but now with the updatet monoblock (replaced br mr Wolverine under warrintee) its fantastic . I have to say buying a firearm that has ishues is frustrating but not unheard of what makes or breaks it is the support from the dealer Great job Mr Wolverine and staff .

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Kind of hoping we hear from the next reviewer before long and that he has some great pics or a video to share.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I am in!
    Calgary as it starts to get really cold…
    Have lots of still on vid equipment too!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    who has it now? #2 or #3?

CGN Regular
    It's on it's way to #3.

My son and I had it out and had a great time with it. Around 280 rounds and a mix of Federal target and heavy load and some S&B and Federal buckshot. No problems with any of the ammo.

The total round count would now be over 880.

As I had posted before I shoot left. I had no problems with the UTS-15. The video gives an idea of where the shells would eject to. I held the gun in a way that was comfortable for me. Once in a while a shell would graze my chin, but it wasn't enough to make me change the way I was holding the UTS. I would have no problem recommending this to a lefty as the right-hand ejection wasn't an issue for me. I shot roughly 220 rounds and had 1 jam. It was near the end of the day and as I pulled back on the fore-end I knew I wasn't giving it enough.

My son is 10 and around 80 lbs. I didn't get a video near the end, but he was doing 4 - 5 rounds and then running into an issue. Watching him it was clear that if one isn't forceful with the UTS then they'll have issues. So if you're a 10 year old and thinking about buying one of these, you might look for something else. A year from now when Luke is a bit bigger, he would have no problems with the UTS. You don't have to big or strong to handle one of these if you get your technique down.

CGN Regular

Cleaning and riding the trigger

I performed the field strip for cleaning. To take the gun apart to this stage takes under a minute. It would be hard to make it much simpler than that.

You're not supposed to ride the trigger with a UTS and we didn't have an issue with that. You can actually pull the trigger with the bolt back a bit (see image), but the design of the bolt prevent the firing pin from striking the shell until the bolt is fully forward. In the 2nd part of the video I have the pin pushed in, but it doesn't protrude from the bolt head until the head is fully twisted back.

A few other things:
    1) I liked the recoil pad on the UTS. On my KSG I don't last too long without a limbsaver.
    2) After about 12 or so shells I would start to get distracted by the gun smoke in my nose. That seems to be due to the location of the magazine selector and that smoke can exhaust out the gun that way.
    3) I didn't perform a complete disassembly, but if I had that would have involved a lot of C-clips. I would prefer some that is a bit more quick disconnect and reconnect.