Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shoot accurately up to 100 yards with a 7.5" barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Okay some lucky individual bought the ODG model we had up here, but Tyson found this one as well (some day I have to find his cache).
    Wow, that is a sweet rifle...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    You should be wearing ear and eye protection no matter what you are shooting. Short barreled rifles and shotguns are just plain fun for those that like them.
    Except he speaks of the gun as his "room clearer" which I understood to mean "home defense" rifle.

You always put on eye and ear protection before grabbing a gun to defend your home? LOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Do want. Don't like restricted. Want non-restricted. Whine whine whine.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    Except he speaks of the gun as his "room clearer" which I understood to mean "home defense" rifle.

You always put on eye and ear protection before grabbing a gun to defend your home? LOL
    Well sure, the ear defenders are right beside my riot helmet with the face shield.
    From having shot various types of firearms in enclosed spaces, they are all loud and most produce a pretty decent light show. I also wouldn't use a rifle, long or short for home protection
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post

Not home defense, that's what my 12" shotgun is for, albeit my lawyer girlfriend insists I only use rubber buckshot in the event of a home invasion.

The AR is for close combat (and fun shooting!) when and/or if that ever comes to Canada. I'm of a mind that the possibility exists, and so I'll lose a few decibels if I have to in order to get the job done. And who knows, maybe I'll throw an ear plug in my left ear before I shoot.

Also, this is my first line of defense, my 48" border collie!

Last edited by shadowhunterbob; 10-26-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Was shooting next to one of these 7.5" models at the range today and it was UNREAL how loud, and how bright the muzzle flash was. Folks were clearing out of the lanes next to the guy.
    Had the chance to send a few rounds downrange with it and it was actually a really nice handling rifle. Overall really impressed with it.
    (if you don't mind going deaf)

You can NOT shoot accurately at 100 yards with a 7.5" barrel.
    Proof ? Video ?
    Great device but not for 100 yards shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ostrof View Post
    You can NOT shoot accurately at 100 yards with a 7.5" barrel.
    Proof ? Video ?
    Great device but not for 100 yards shooting

Uhh, do you even understand how barrel length affects accuracy? Shorter barrels increase accuracy for the same reason bull barrels do, they make the barrel stiffer. You lose some velocity in the tradeoff, so your holdovers will be different, additionally you need a fast twist rate to stabilize heavy bullets in a short barrel, but generally the gun will be more consistent.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." – Bastiat
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234