$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 616181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Flat Top Upper (FTU) | PART I

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Standard AR BUIS will be taller than the stock sights on this rail. Edit: rail mounted red dot or magnified optic as low as possible will be the best options. See pic below and keep in mind that the top of the FTU is actually a bit higher than the top of the butt plastic that the sight is lined up with in the picture.
    Crap, look at the aperture size difference between them though.
    The T97 aperture sights are fine for 100 meter slow fire... just... , but they suck donkey balls for anything close and fast.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-26-2013 at 01:44 AM.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Business Member
    NSRG, Friday 10.25.2013: Non-reciprocating Charging Handle Demonstration Testing
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

Business Member
    NSRG Range Test 10.24.2013

To start, we fired 30rds as fast as we could load the 10rd LAR magazines. Thermal testing (laser thermometer) showed minimal heat gain at internal parts. The barrel heated up to the point that gloves would be recommended but the FTU remained comfortable. In fact, the FTU, with lots of holes and venting, rose only slightly above ambient start temperature.

We removed and replaced the FTU four times checking for changes in zero at 25 yards. The POI changes were insignificant, less than the size of the groups.

The best group with Norinco ball 55gr was four shots into one hole with the first shot outside the group for about a 3/4" group.

The Charging Handle's new prototype Truck retaining latch provided exactly the right feel. It was revised longer, wider, and required effort to unlatch and locked up solidly while retaining the Truck in the forward position through 100 rds. The Truck showed no significant wear, only light surface scuffing. The Truck will be redesigned to provide greatly improved wear resistance while still keeping the solid lock up and correct resistance. This change will conclude revisions to the Truck.

Shooting with the 1-4X Bushnell scope set to 4X and using low, QD rings provided a comfortable "heads up" shooting position and good cheek weld for some of the testers while others present wanted a bit more rise at the cheek weld location.

With various red dot optics mounted at various heights some testers reported perfect cheek weld. For some testers the cheek weld as is would be acceptable with no cheek riser.

Four minor revisions remain. These will be done over the weekend in Mastercam. Unless there are significant changes at this writing that would require further testing, production could start as early as Monday.

Update to follow.

Last edited by M14.CA; 10-26-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Interested in how accuracy testing panned out.
    I am curious if the mount was loose or the scope was not sufficient in the previous test.

Edited post 253 above. (No time to add report last night). But to address your question regarding the secure fitment of rail to rifle, this question was resolved to our satisfaction two revisions back (no movement). We are using a Busnell 1-4x scope primarily for testing at 25 and 100 yards. The Nanaimo range report touched briefly on our philosophy but it is sufficient to test: 1) Group accuracy 2) POI shift if rail is removed and re-installed 3) everything inherent in the rail modification/prototype process.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-26-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Looks great! Can't wait to install this on my gun...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Very nice work guys, looks sweet!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Straight out of 'peg city.

I want I want I want....LOL, even like the scope set up and I think I am going to emulate that.....
    .22LR, 9mm, .38SPL, .357MAG, .40S&W, 45acp, 5.56mm, .308Win, 12ga

looks amazing!

I just saw this live, in person, at the Victoria Gun Show. This accessory alone has gotten me thinking about actually buying a T97.

Excellent. I hope you got a chance to shoulder the T97NSR.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet 5440fight's Avatar
    Cough... ambi mag release... cough...

Still focused on finalizing the FTU.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-26-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax