$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Flat Top Upper (FTU) | PART I

Wow! More than I hoped for. Can't wait to get mine.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Stevo's Avatar
    ....and we will call it… “This Land.” (or NW Alberta)
    Non-reciprocating is unnecessary...

Note that with a non-reciprocating charging handle, you`ll notice that here is no external hook or knob slamming back and forth while you shoot. This is advantageous in closer quarters where the bullpup type rifle is often employed.

...and with the lack of a bolt release it will slow down the charging process after a mag change.

The difference is marginal, more appropriately, 6 inches but this topic will be discussed in meeting again Wednesday. Note also the AR-15 charging process in comparison.

As your picture shows, when the bolt is locked open, the handle will have to run through it's entire stroke to chamber a round. Not only is a reciprocating handle simpler and cheaper, less moving parts will always be better.
    Please make a reciprocating option available.

The FTU will support both a reciprocating and a non-reciprocating charging handle. The end user will ultimately choose which is preferred.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-21-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Whatever

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet driller212's Avatar
    I like the idea of moving the charging handle forward on the truck. Having the charging handle further away from you makes it quite a bit easier to charge IMO.

The charging process is fast and the track is smooth as silk.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-21-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Shootin' stuff in the Wild West

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS INITIATIVE: http://www.wildernessprotection.ca/

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Non-reciprocating is unnecessary and with the lack of a bolt release it will slow down the charging process after a mag change.

As your picture shows, when the bolt is locked open, the handle will have to run through it's entire stroke to chamber a round. Not only is a reciprocating handle simpler and cheaper, less moving parts will always be better.

Like using an AR charging handle to release the bolt instead of the bolt release. Some prefer it. Having an either or option would be cool.

Yes, exactly, the FTU will support both a reciprocating and a non-reciprocating charging handle.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-21-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Member: CPC, CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin-97a View Post
    .Ugly! Guys make it like close to VHS bullpup.

Noted. I will bring this up at our next meeting. Thank-you. Further: on the VHS you have a 5"+ mechanical offset. The VHS requires a cheek riser. The AR15 platform offers a 3/4" rise from tube to picatinny rail. The T97.ca FTU offers a rise of only 1.1".

Like this?

That is the one we spoke of earlier, yes.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-21-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    What is the weight when compared to the polymer upper?
    This! ^^
    Also I like the option of having both types of charging handles. Maybe a common lever, which can be used with either option. The end user chooses their poison!

Exactly.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-21-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Non-reciprocating is unnecessary and with the lack of a bolt release it will slow down the charging process after a mag change.

We can hope one of their other T97 projects is to build a bolt-release.

No comment at this writing.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-21-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    CSSA Member

Big Mouth
    I cant believe you figured out a non recip charge handle. I didnt think that was doable so quickly. Very very impressive.

I do agree it will make releasing the bolt more time consuming but im sure there is a solution to this somewhere. Obviously there is something being pushed upward to lock the bolt open... I have to think the same ingenuity that created a flat top upper and non recip charge handle could figure out a way to improve the bolt release. I have faith in you guys at T97.ca... excellent product. I want to be on the FIRST pre-order list.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet TRaTSeRiF's Avatar
    Quick and great innovative work guys! Looking forward to more!!
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.
    Canadian scientist have discovered the real cause behind climate change - hot air emanating from Liberal politicians

Business Member
    As mentioned previously, the weight of the new FTU (flat top upper) from T97.ca will not be accurate until such time as the FTU has completed the lightening process. It will be lighter Wednesday. In its current form, we demonstrate a weight penalty of 35 grams when compared to the original T97NSR hand guard/optics mount. If you added a picatinny rail to the original plastic hand guard (something you would have to do) the FTU would be lighter by a small margin.

M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW