$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Flat Top Upper (FTU) | PART I

I think it looks sick. If its not too heavy or pricey I'd be all over this.

Extremely lightweight and preferably reasonably priced.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Possible to make an alternative version that still retains the factory sights? Clamp on rail system and non permanent modifications to the rifle. Or similar to the front rail clamp system that attaches to the front sight post?

Interesting comment but we are unable to make both versions.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 06:29 PM.

this is going to a really cool looking rifle when all is said and done

I am confident it will turn the Type 97NSR into a high value option.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    .22LR, 9mm, .38SPL, .357MAG, .40S&W, 45acp, 5.56mm, .308Win, 12ga

It would be cool if someone with photoshop made this new rail carry on to the butt stock following the guns lines, I can envision a foam check rest molded into the stock section of the rail, kinda making it look tavorish, now I have no idea if this is even possible or what Im talking about so ill stop typing.

A monolithic or even two separate parts here would be expensive and unnecessary to achieve a desirable AR15 type optics platform. Comments?
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 07:14 PM.

It would add cost and be tough to secure at the rear of the rifle that way.
    Wait till you see it in black, will be bad ass.

I agree but I am also hoping the anodizer will be able to color match the FTU to the original colors, a charcoal black?
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 07:12 PM.

How about just a front quad rail version that attaches to the front sight post?
    Like this.

No sir, a copy of this part is not being planned. It does not have the same utility as the T97.ca FTU.

For example:

1) Unlike FTU, you cannot field strip the rifle and maintain optics zero
    2) Unlike FTU, you cannot field strip the rifle without removing the rail entirely
    3) Unlike FTU, it adds significant weight to the forearm (there is virtually no net weight gain with FTU due to the removal of handguard and iron sight posts)
    4) Unlike FTU, it is not an "optically precise" part, nor are fasteners double-locked with set screws (the FTU is horizontally adjustable and then locked in place during installation for an ultimately reliable fitment)
    5) Unlike FTU, you cannot mount a rifle scope
    6) Unlike FTU, you cannot mount a red dot in line with the bore (you could use a 45 deg. offset mount for some red dots only)
    7) Unlike FTU, it is unlikely to hold zero due to method of attachment to plastic forearm
    8) Unlike FTU, it does not offer a long sight plane
    9) Unlike FTU, the 3 and 9 o'clock picatinny rails may not be optically precise (the FTU uses the same track and boss method of attachment as the Blackfeather RS, therefore, the picatinny rails at 3 and 9 o'clock cannot move out of alignment)
    10) Unlike FTU, it does not offer an option for a side charging handle or an option for a non-reciprocating charging handle, two desirable options for a bullpup rifle
    11) Unlike FTU, it does not lower the line of sight

The one function offered here over the FTU is the 6 o'clock picatinny rail, which would afford you the ability to add a vertical foregrip; a desirable option, one that is also easily installed with almost any length of $20 picatinny rail. The poor planning and poor design that went into this part is not something we will ever emulate. Our next project will be a new Lower for the T97NSR that will be 100% compatible with our Flat Top Upper.

Last edited by M14.CA; 11-15-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Hmm, 3 slots shorter at the front with a slash cut matching the same angle of your charge handle opening?

A fourth vote for the angled cut at the front?
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    This member is sarcastic at times ! *Pictures should be mandatory if selling in the Equipment Exchange*

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    Hmm, 3 slots shorter at the front with a slash cut matching the same angle of your charge handle opening?
    Yeah, I'd like to see that.

Fifth vote.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Make a side charging handle for it too

Makes the type 97 WAY more appealing now!

Great work!

It is in process.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

I don't even own a t97 so I don't know if this is feasible... But it would be cool to make an aluminum lower for it that takes AR pistol grips and rail sections on the handguard. This and the flat top upper would make this a contender for my next rifle. Ben

No comment at this writing Ben.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:43 PM.