$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Flat Top Upper (FTU) | PART I

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Stevo's Avatar
    ....and we will call it… “This Land.” (or NW Alberta)
    The stock comb to top rail height relationship will be identical to the AR15.
    The rear butt stock must tab into the T97.ca FTU at the rear. If you take apart your T97NSR, and put it back together without the carry handle, you will see that the rear butt stock must be retained. If you want to lower the rail, you will have to ask the end user to cut this top section off to lower the rail 1/4" to obtain the classic AR15 height relationship. With our design, only minor modification to the front and rear sight posts will be required to obtain exactly the same thing. It is a simpler installation process.
    Now, I'm confused. It's the same stock/rail relative positions as an AR, but it's not?

We have a simple plan to add 5/16" height to the rear stock comb. I cannot add more here Stevo. Thank-you.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Whatever

I want one regardless

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Stevo's Avatar
    ....and we will call it… “This Land.” (or NW Alberta)
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiantbone View Post
    I want one regardless
    And so do I. I'd just like to see the full potential and utility of this rail realized.
    Whatever

I like the squared off front. As long as it allows for the removal of the gas plug and piston without requiring removal of the FTU.

Second note taken here.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    When The Man comes around - Johnny Cash

M14.ca, you are doing a great job answering questions and giving your feedback on them. I also support the rail being slightly shorter to attain some aesthetic value as well.

A sixth vote.

Now my question. Earlier you said that a modification needs to be made to the rifle to accept FTU, however I am curious if this is a reversible mod or permanent (destructive in some manner) mod? Say I'd like to bounce my rifle between "stock" and with the upgraded parts for the pure sh!ts and giggles of it?

The modification is reversible if you can obtain the two components we modify. I have not seen spare T97NSR parts sold anywhere.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Big Mouth
    Let M14.ca do.......... because more you asking guys.. more expensive it will be !!!
    If it's more expensive than the M14 SHG (at 220$) you can bet it's around 275-300$.... and for a lot of people it's a maximum !!
    M14.ca : A flat top rail not too expensive it's the goal #1 !!!
    Remember.. it's a Norinco.... at 2000$ I prefer to pay a little bit more and have a Tavor !!!

This project will be feasible. No price has been established for this part. I will have introductory pricing set for pre-order customers coming from CGN that will make the adoption of this part attractive. A pre-order page will be set up on T97.ca as soon as we are closer to production start.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Will you be offering a combined package at a discount for those who want a bunch of parts for their T97's at once? a "T97 makeover" package.

No, we will only have the T97.ca FTU and the Charging Handle available for sale in the short term. In the future, once the platform matures, yes.

Also, would it be possible to round the rear section of the unit? Not sure if I'm alone on this. It may look better rounded but Im not 100% sure. Just a quick thought.

Unable to round the rear section without asking the customer to modify the rear butt stock. I am planning to keep modifications to just two for simpler installation.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    Tagged.

CGN Regular
    Tagged

Interesting and a good image however I plan to retain the longer sight plane upper hand guard. You have 14" to sport irons and an optic with our version. As a side note, I want to be clear here that this representation is not the T97.ca FTU. For an accurate image, see page 1 of this thread.

I would like to see the front tappered down too then just a straight square front. Maybe enough that another rail can sit there for a laser or light.. SOmething like in my photo shopped rendition Here

[/URL]

Don't know if that will work as I don't have one yet and would properly mean more modding of the front sight then you originally planed for. Just my .02

Other wise your work here has now made up my mind about buying one. Never liked the carrying handle on the original and your mod makes this rifle is exactly what I want in mine. THanks guys
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.