$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: T97.ca | Official Thread of the T97NSR Flat Top Upper (FTU) | PART I

Quote Originally Posted by Duff350 View Post
    Let M14.ca do.......... because more you asking guys.. more expensive it will be !!!

If it's more expensive than the M14 SHG (at 220$) you can bet it's around 275-300$.... and for a lot of people it's a maximum !!

M14.ca : A flat top rail not too expensive it's the goal #1 !!!

Remember.. it's a Norinco.... at 2000$ I prefer to pay a little bit more and have a Tavor !!!
    This is 100% correct.
    I've got both- I do the math, it ain't rocket science. Which one would I buy a second of, as 'one is none, two is one'..?
    I've got the greatest faith in M.14...they seem to know their ####, unlike others.
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

This is great news. I'm in for the flat-top and the charging handle...especially the charging handle.
    I appreciate that input from CGN'ers is being taken into account.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for posting the photoshop, I personally like the looks of the prototype better
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-13-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    Thanks for posting the photoshop, I personally like the looks of the prototype better
    I do too. Bring on the the blockiness!
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-13-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by tdool View Post
    I would like to see the front tappered down too then just a straight square front. Maybe enough that another rail can sit there for a laser or light.. SOmething like in my photo shopped rendition posted earlier...
    Orgasmic!
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-13-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
    Tootall, the "Sledgehammer of Reason" ladies and gentlemen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Deano always loves the floozies.

Big Mouth
    mmmm. prefer the original one...

but thanks for posting !

+1 for a slightly rounded angled front. I'd go for 2 less ridges on the rail. I can't see what someone would need to do with 14" of rail that can't be done with 13". Also, does the front sight really need to go? Because maybe it could still be used with some kind of low profile rear sight. As in...my dream upper for the T97, rendered in the poor man's photoshop (MS Paint):

The integrated flip up rear sight would of course make it much more expensive, but one can dream, maybe some day it could be done...

A 7th vote. Thank-you for this post and image, however, no, you cannot reliably secure your 1913 picatinny rail the way you have shown it here. In comparison, we are building a military grade part that will be secure, optically precise and remain so for the life of the rifle.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-13-2013 at 12:10 AM.

CGN Regular
    +1 maybe +2 for me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
    A 7th vote. Thank-you for this post and image, however, no, you cannot reliably secure your 1913 picatinny rail the way you have shown it here. In comparison, we are building a military grade part that will be secure, optically precise and remain so for the life of the rifle.
    Yeah I guess real life engineering has more constraints than ms paint's cut and paste tools.

I read somewhere that you stated there's something that makes it impractical to just make a drop-in, non-communist-railed replacement for the upper, but I can't remember what it was or where I read that. Could you enlighten me?

We are working on producing a secure, precise optics mount with the lowest sight plane at an acceptable manufacturing cost with the simplest method of installation for the myriad levels of end user skill sets who will be purchasing this product. The best choices to that affect are being worked through now to bring about the modernization of the T97NSR: Stage 1. The front and rear sights are not part of that modernization process.

Let's face it, the irreversible modifications to the gun will be a drawback for a lot of people.

It is possible to return it to factory original. Two replacement parts required but re-install will be more difficult. But as mentioned, this is Stage 1 modernizing the T97NSR.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-13-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Yes another vote for the angled front version, 3-5 slots less up front, maybe a textured beadblast finish underneath the anodizing.
    Keep up the good work, would love to see an improved mag release as well.

Noted, thank-you.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-13-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    This member is sarcastic at times ! *Pictures should be mandatory if selling in the Equipment Exchange*