Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GSG 110rd Drum

BANNED
    A "Canadian" model is likely to specify that it is for the 10/22 RIFLE so the RCMP can't claim it's advertised for pistols also, therefore end up prohibited like another factory 25rpimd magazine. ....

The other mags already being sold may eventually be deemed prohibited if the manufacturer advertises them as pistol mags. The difference between the Canadian and currents available models may be nothing more than the word RIFLE being printed on them.

CGN Regular
    Im going to wait for Blue Line to get them in, providing they match or beat the "other guys" price, I think the warranty is worth the wait.

Plus sounds like they went through the legal effort to make it for the "canadian market" and thus more likely we can hang on to these. All it takes is someone to bring in a box that includes the magic word "charger" on it and then...

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    hmmmm strange, looks exactly like the one I just bought, same pics, same everything EXCEPT yours has the Canadian flag and says
    made for the Canadian market. as there is SUPOSED to be no mag limit with rimfire, I don't understand what the diff would be from this mag to one ment for the rest of the world? I must be missing something?
    i suspect the gray area comes in where things like the ZIP pistols also took ruger 10/22 magazines. if the originals were marketed as fitting those too these would be pistol mags limited to 10. i do believe the pistol mag restriction supersedes the rimfire lack of restriction, and if i recall correctly it counts as such even if we can't have the that particular firearm in canada. That said i suspect they are essentially the same, just marketed as 10/22 only and maybe a couple non essential but functioning parts changed so that it can be argued that they are mechanically different.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Hope these are coming soon

Really looking forward to getting one.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Edie View Post
    i suspect the gray area comes in where things like the ZIP pistols also took ruger 10/22 magazines. if the originals were marketed as fitting those too these would be pistol mags limited to 10. i do believe the pistol mag restriction supersedes the rimfire lack of restriction, and if i recall correctly it counts as such even if we can't have the that particular firearm in canada. That said i suspect they are essentially the same, just marketed as 10/22 only and maybe a couple non essential but functioning parts changed so that it can be argued that they are mechanically different.
    No not at all.

What happened is Ruger made a Charger pistol called it a pistol takes ruger 10/22 magazines put on the box it works for them as well making the rifle magazines pistol magazines at the same time ie the ruger made ones saying they're desgined and manufactured for the 10/22 and the charger pistol. It made the rifle magazine that came with the orginal 10/22 a charger magazine as well that's why you can't have a BDX25 magazine but the buttler creek 25 rounders were made before the charger pistol and they never changed the packaging so they work in the charger pistol but they're not for it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    ^^^

Exactly. Our gun laws are THAT stupid! But on the flip side we get LAR-15 mags, .50 Beowulf mags and a few other odds and ends in our favor but mostly simple stupidity in magazine laws.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN frequent flyer
    These drum mags seem to have a longer upper "neck" than other (50 round) ones that I've seen.

Does that mean, by any chance, that they might fit in an Archangel Nomad stock, does anyone know?

The 50 round drums, with the shorter "neck, did not, because of the extra depth of the Nomad mag well.
    Last edited by baD mR fRosTy; 10-13-2013 at 11:32 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baD mR fRosTy View Post
    These drum mags seem to have a longer upper "neck" than other (50 round) ones that I've seen.

Does that mean, by any chance, that they might fit in an Archangel Nomad stock, does anyone know?

The 50 round drums, with the shorter "neck, did not, because of the extra depth of the Nomad mag well.
    I don't think anyone knows yet...

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Apparently the other guys ones do
    Quote Originally Posted by baD mR fRosTy View Post

“Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    hmmmm strange, looks exactly like the one I just bought, same pics, same everything EXCEPT yours has the Canadian flag and says
    made for the Canadian market. as there is SUPOSED to be no mag limit with rimfire, I don't understand what the diff would be from this mag to one ment for the rest of the world? I must be missing something?
    LOL are you trying to figure out why stupid delays and red tape happen with anything firearms related coming into this country??? Good luck! I would guess that it is just deadbeats trying to justify their unnecessary job.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234