Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Rifle Deposit - PAL delay

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Rifles paid in full are set aside until the PAL arrives.
    Thank you very much for the reply, was just about to give you a ring.

I know M305's aren't flying off the shelves, but I also know my PAL application is turning into a pretty special case and I just wanted to be sure about it. Even the people at the CFP have been lost when I phone since it's so messed up and ass backwards at this point. I finally recently got someone to put some proper comments into my file so that whoever checks it will see that although the CFO was sent my paperwork, the CFP still needs to process that third reference. A huge issue was that midway through the process I moved from ON to AB and the CFP didn't properly update my info until the second or third call since I had been in AB.

if you've already paid in full theres no reason they wouldn't hold it for you indefinitely. the only time a vendor would sell something thats on hold for someone is if it hadn't been paid for, in that situation it's stock thats being held up with no money on hand. In your case they've already made the money on it.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

CGN Regular
    One thing i can say for sure is the good thing about the new online pal check system is as soon as you pal is issued the pal number appears online while their mailing out to you so you could provide your pal number to them as soon as it appears online and just put your expiry as 5 years from now on your birthday, but i waited until i had mine in my hands just to be sure!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    Isn't there a minimum 21 or 28 day waiting period?
    No that's how long it takes before they can look at it and send it to the province to have them do the interviews look up your background ect. Me I just called to see if they got it in the mail I wanted to make sure since it was 20 days when I did it. Seems to be going up and up that's what they recommend depending on the demand and how fast they can go through them. Since she got up picked it out of the pile then turn around and went well since your on the phone I was about to say bye and hang up. So I got mine in 2 weeks suckers...

I had mine in the mail the day I finished the course it was there in 2 days I had my PAL in 2 weeks was simple... I just bumped the line allot.

They are a first class dealer. They will look after you.
    45 ACP Junkie... Nothing More, Nothing Less...

Quote Originally Posted by trekstor View Post
    gunnyhighway, are you for real? Like for real real? M305 is not that in demand. If paid in full for why would he sell it off? Again, are you for real?
    Are you for real? Like for real? The guy asked a simple question, probably his first gun and he is looking for guidance . A question was asked why would you not just answer it? Again, are you for real?
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Quote Originally Posted by hicaliber View Post
    Are you for real? Like for real? The guy asked a simple question, probably his first gun and he is looking for guidance . A question was asked why would you not just answer it? Again, are you for real?
    I agree. Seems to be a lot of individuals that enjoy simply dumping on others. Although I do find value in this forum, there is a lot of mindless comments to wade through at times.

Same here still waiting on the pal. Took the course end of June didn't receive my course papers till end of July. Sent in my info 1st week of August. They put my info into the system sept 5th as wells as deposit my cheque. I called a few times but nothing yet still waiting they said it could take a few more weeks . What? We are already getting into end of October. Also they haven't called my references yet. They said cause hunting season is here. Ok sure no prob. Waiting. Non restricted/ restricted. Very frustrating. But I will wait its all worth it in the end.
    Last edited by Carlow; 10-14-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    CSSA member for life

it is a toll free number 1-800-731-4000. try calling on you r lunch hour from you r cell. won't cost you a dime and i've heard the more you bug them the quicker it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by elk-a-holic View Post
    it is a toll free number 1-800-731-4000. try calling on you r lunch hour from you r cell. won't cost you a dime and i've heard the more you bug them the quicker it goes.
    I did call them several times a week up until now I just let it go I was constantly getting the same answer. At one point the person told me it wasn't going to come in any faster by calling. Lol. I also heard the more you call the more they push it back which I don't believe. Another time the person look up my info and said ooooo well this the 4th time this week you called. I was like you guys log this stuff. Answer was yup. Lol. I'll try again soon. Not to mention a majority of guns clubs I found wanted a pal number for the application. I want to join barrie gun club with a 4 month waiting list. I'm trying to fast track a lot of things so when the pal comes all I have to do is purchase my firearms. .
    CSSA member for life

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast