Full Rifle Deposit - PAL delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnyHighway

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seeing as I'm having a ridiculously long wait (120+ days at this point) for my PAL I was wondering if anybody knew how long Frontier will hold a rifle that's been fully paid off? It's been almost two months now, and with how long my PAL is taking I'm worried that my M305 will end up getting sold off before I get the PAL.

Thanks in advance for any info.

gunnyhighway, are you for real? Like for real real? M305 is not that in demand. If paid in full for why would he sell it off? Again, are you for real?

Why not call the CFO and ask why it's taking so long chances are they tried calling a reference left a message for them to call or couldn't leave a message and they're waiting on it. It can be something as stupid as that and they will wait forever....

Now me I had mine in 2 weeks next day mail cost me 20 bucks called them and asked if they got it they had to sign as well They said let me go look found it and said well since your on the phone might as well do the interview called the people I asked to sign told them to answer the phone they all did I had mine in 2 weeks from the time mailed in to the time at my door it was super easy...

gunnyhighway, are you for real? Like for real real? M305 is not that in demand. If paid in full for why would he sell it off? Again, are you for real?

It's not meant to be disrespectful in any way. It's just that I understand that they're a business, and my rifle has been taking up space for a while now. I'm curious if anybody had a similar situation that required a long hold time on a firearm.

As for the phone call, my work hours meant I couldn't get a call in during business hours, but tomorrow for sure I'd give them a ring. I did try emailing them, but there seemed to be some confusion on their end and I didn't really get a solid answer, just that the rifle was still there.

Why not call the CFO and ask why it's taking so long chances are they tried calling a reference left a message for them to call or couldn't leave a message and they're waiting on it.

Long story short, there was a request for a new reference, which was sent during my move to Calgary around August 5. They had the new paperwork signed for in September 23, but my last few calls to the CFP have been a bust, saying that they haven't gotten to my envelope yet and there's nothing that they can do. It's frustrating...

Why not call the CFO and ask why it's taking so long chances are they tried calling a reference left a message for them to call or couldn't leave a message and they're waiting on it. It can be something as stupid as that and they will wait forever....

Now me I had mine in 2 weeks next day mail cost me 20 bucks called them and asked if they got it they had to sign as well They said let me go look found it and said well since your on the phone might as well do the interview called the people I asked to sign told them to answer the phone they all did I had mine in 2 weeks from the time mailed in to the time at my door it was super easy...

Isn't there a minimum 21 or 28 day waiting period?

Isn't there a minimum 21 or 28 day waiting period?

45 day minimum. Suppose to be done in 60 days but according to RCMP it could take longer. They'll give you the "receiving many applications this time of year" excuse. I was approved on day 58 and PAL at front door two weeks later. Try calling more often. I called every week to find out my status. Hang in there, it'll happen.

Whatever you are drinking or smoking i want some, almost sounded true

Be patient GunnyHighway, Usually 2 month process and you required another reference. Friend of mine has been waiting 10 weeks now, has checked a couple of times and progress is being made. Remember you are dealing with the Federal govt. Their nor famous for speed.
Should not be an issue with Frontier, they know the process is slow.

Just stay in contact with Frontier,
They will do right by you, very honest and great people to do business with!
You can always mail them a card with a timmies gift card if you want to say thanks for going above and beyond tho lol

wow....the guy is obviously new to the game and asks a question as he's got a concern.....how would he know that M305's aren't selling out everywhere?
cut him some slack and no need to be condescending.

gunnyhighway i'm sure that Frontier will hang on to it as long as it takes, you've paid for it in full and it won't be taking up much room. just let them know your delay in getting your PAL. Once you get it, shoot the hell out of it and enjoy!!!

wow....the guy is obviously new to the game and asks a question as he's got a concern.....how would he know that M305's aren't selling out everywhere?
cut him some slack and no need to be condescending.

gunnyhighway i'm sure that Frontier will hang on to it as long as it takes, you've paid for it in full and it won't be taking up much room. just let them know your delay in getting your PAL. Once you get it, shoot the hell out of it and enjoy!!!
Make people feel superior, i asked about Daniel Defense & i got scolded, how dare you ask about DD

I just got my PAL/RPAL last week Tuesday. They received my application end of May. They said they tried to phone me on Sept 1st, but I didn't pick-up. I phoned Oct 1st and they told me I should have received a letter about phoning for an interview. Did my interview then and got the license a week later.

Hang in there!! It will happen!

I'm sure there won't be a problem having Frontier hold it for you.

However, if that is making you feel uncomfortable, then the best solution would be to have the rifle shipped to a trusted friend/fellow shooter to store it for you until your PAL comes in. Hopefully you have a local buddy with a PAL!

OverKill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom