Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Ruger Met Ferrari - VOLQUARTSEN CUSTOM has landed!

So are these far superior to the Tac Sol barrels you guys carry? Very interested!

I have one of the aluminum sleeved tension barrels and i have to say i'm very pleased with the quality/accuracy. Very light as well. Reccomended.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Wow, that 12.3" barrel... I like it.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Any chance of bringing in some of the VQ parts for Ruger pistols? I'd love some of that stuff on/in my Ruger Mk III!
    CSSA and EOSC

Quote Originally Posted by mrakimbo View Post
    Any chance of bringing in some of the VQ parts for Ruger pistols? I'd love some of that stuff on/in my Ruger Mk III!
    So would I.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    dude just put "xxxx" in the boxes if its not a firearm or ammo purchase...
    Thanks for the hint. Will give that a try! :D

Edit to add--- That worked :D ----> VQ Barrel and scope mount order is in!!!!!
    Last edited by icedragonmx; 10-18-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Uber Super GunNutz
    Does anyone have much experience in dealing with Volquartsen? I just recently bought a fusion with 17hmr and 22mag barrels. The 17 shoots lights out ... like 5 shots in a nickel, just fantastic. The 22 mag barrel might be a bit finicky as all I can milk out of it is 1.5" at a 100 yes. Anyway, I was having quite a few jams in the gun - like sometimes 4 out of 9 shots! No rhyme or reason to why. I called volquartsen and was told the tech was busy but would call me that day - nope, never happened. He didn't call the next day either. I called them back and after the receptionist asked what was going on for me, she told me that the tech was really sorry but he got tied up in a project and would call me back later that day - nope. He didn't call that day or the end or the next or the next.

I called em today and only got voicemail. I explained the lack of responsiveness that I was experiencing and told em not to bother calling me today as I was too pissed off, instead next week would be fine. I know that pissed off comment was a bit stupid but if someone says they are gonna get back to you that day, shouldn't it be that day? I know they are a pretty small shop and do pretty damn good work but shouldn't a guy expect at least a realistic answer after laying out $2400 for a gun?

I hope this doesn't hijack the thread as I don't mean to cause problems or a pain to Wanstalls but if anyone has experienced similar issues dealing with volquartsen, people who are planning a purchase should know.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    but if someone says they are gonna get back to you that day, shouldn't it be that day?
    #### happens, stuff comes up. Personally though, I would of tried to contact the customer the next morning before I started working @ anything else.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    #### happens, stuff comes up. Personally though, I would of tried to contact the customer the next morning before I started working @ anything else.
    Yeah I hear that, and I can understand it when something comes up. Its really the REPEATED failure to follow up on their commitment to contact me that has me a bit annoyed. I would have been fine if they told me "hey, we're really swamped, is it ok if we call you later in the week" - expectations. Maybe I need to correct my thought that when you pay premium for a product there should be premium (or at least above average) service attached to it? I dunno. Anyway, I appreciate your response and yeah, that's how I would have followed up as well - with a phone call the next morning.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mrakimbo View Post
    and 22/45s as well. ☺

Although, at this point, my 22/45's innards are all VQ.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast