Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cheytac Rifle shipment just in. Save $3,000.00!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1911 View Post
    Had to resurect this old thread. Was googling the cheytac to see if it's available in Canada and it was The price is a little surprising thought since it costs more then some Barrett 50 cals! It got me thinking what would happen if the RCMP decided to re-classify it as a prohib one day like they've done and attempted to do with other rifles? $16000 + tax is a lot of rifle to donate to the RCMP, considering the value would they let owners attempt to re-home them in a market where the regulations have more common sense like America?

Been considering a big ticket item like a Barrett or other similar large caliber rifle, but after the Swiss arms gun grab in 2014 I lost my nerve to invest in anything over $3-4k
    On what grounds would this gun be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    On what grounds would this gun be banned?
    I'm not saying it would. I also doubt they would need any grounds that make sense to us looking at other firearms that they decided were prohib. After all these are the people behind many prudent decisions like classifying the blaze 47 as an ak 47 variant, attempted to grab the Swiss arms by taking them from NR to prohib till activists fought the decision. They are clearly much more experienced then the rest of the gun owning community since they were the first to uncover the similarities between the blaze 47 and ak 47, you only need to change 100% of the parts to have a fully functioning ak-47.
    Last edited by Alex1911; 05-11-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Every gun owner should own at least one extremely high quality firearm. Your hobby deserves it, your culture deserves it and your heritage deserves it.
    Laugh out loud. You have a point there. :-)
    "Why are you bringing a gun? You won't need it..." "It's like a condom; I'd rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it." — dialogue from the movie "AVP".

Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    Strangely enough, I have never met a millionaire at any gun range in my life. I guess I got friends in low places.
    How do you know? Do they wear a "I'm a Millliooonaire" badge or something? ;-)
    "Why are you bringing a gun? You won't need it..." "It's like a condom; I'd rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it." — dialogue from the movie "AVP".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperking1967 View Post
    How do you know? Do they wear a "I'm a Millliooonaire" badge or something? ;-)
    Millionnaire goes to range. Shoot a million buck in ammos (takes a while if it's 22lr...). Not a millionnaire anymore.

J/k. I met Bill Gates once. If he wasn't Bill Gates, you wouldn't know he's rich. You'd believe he makes 50-80k$/year.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces-guy View Post
    Why wouldn't a guy buy a .50 BMG Barrett instead, if you're after a big bore toy to shoot targets, is there a point to spending more thousands on a Cheytac that you can instead use for other firearms that expand your collection?
    If you are buying the rifle for general population admiration, then a Barrett 50 BMG would get more praise, but if you are looking for arguably the most accurate huge caliber round, then the 408 is the way better choice. The semi auto Barrett 50 is about a 2.5 moa rifle. Not a precision rifle. This one in 408 is probably .5 moa. And if you meet a Shooter (movie) fan, they will probably want to kiss your 408... :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1911 View Post
    I'm not saying it would. I also doubt they would need any grounds that make sense to us looking at other firearms that they decided were prohib. After all these are the people behind many prudent decisions like classifying the blaze 47 as an ak 47 variant, attempted to grab the Swiss arms by taking them from NR to prohib till activists fought the decision. They are clearly much more experienced then the rest of the gun owning community since they were the first to uncover the similarities between the blaze 47 and ak 47, you only need to change 100% of the parts to have a fully functioning ak-47.
    Simply put, the government has no motivation to ban this. Price alone would dictate very few exist in Canada, and those that do exist are likely in the hands of people who can afford to lawyer up and fight it...

Hey TSE, did these include the hand held ballistic computer for that price?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Guys,

This thread is over 4 years old.... It is not current or relevant to what we carry now.

And.... unfortunately no: No ballistic calculator was included.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Guys,

This thread is over 4 years old.... It is not current or relevant to what we carry now.

And.... unfortunately no: No ballistic calculator was included.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Hi . How can I order ?
    Even if it takes 12 months .
    concealed carry will save lives.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast