Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Svt rifles

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Am I surprised at the outcome ????

What do you think lol
    You don't have to even post my friend, we all know of your total knowledge and expertise in these matters.... We all know you are 10000000000% correct, your knowledge of events rivals that of the best security agency on the globe, keep up the good work....
    Should you ever decide to descend among the peasant here on earth why not buy Marstar and market it "your way" an assured success....
    John

Expired Business
    FENCELINE;
    " When that was asked for, the snipers all mysteriously got sold overseas instead of questions being answered. "

[B]First of all most of the questions came in over the week end, I know that you do not approve, but I do take time off every now and then....

Late Sunday (my time) I received a call from a long time dealer/customer off shore who wanted the rifles and made me an offer....
    What would you have done, turn down the offer and answer all the questions in the hope that MAYBE, just maybe some people would take the major decision to buy ??

"Now no one knows if they missed out on a sniper or not"
    How are we supposed to "prove it" to you, have every member here drop by and offer his expert opinion ?

"and people feel ignored or not worth the time for an answer."
    What would have been the purpose of replying at the at point, it was after the fact, they were SOLD.... What could we say, "yes they were sniper rifles.... Because you did not trust us or believe us, you hesitated and we sold them ??

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    FENCELINE;
    " When that was asked for, the snipers all mysteriously got sold overseas instead of questions being answered. "

First of all most of the questions came in over the week end, I know that you do not approve, but I do take time off at times....

Late Sunday (my time) I received a cal from a long time dealer/customer off shore who wanted the rifles and made me an offer....
    What would you have done, turn down the offer and answer all the questions in the hope that MAYBE, just maybe some people would take the major decision to buy ??

"Now no one knows if they missed out on a sniper or not"
    How are we supposed to "prove it" to you, have every member here drop by and offer his expert opinion ?

"and people feel ignored or not worth the time for an answer."
    What would have been the purpose of replying at the at point, it was after the fact, they were SOLD.... What could we say, "yes they were sniper rifles.... Because you did not trust us or believe us, you hesitated and we sold them ??

John

John
    Post a picture of a sniper, with a notch, and you stop all the whining. I'm not complaining, simply making an observation of the interaction between you and your customer base. I totally get the overseas buyer deal, it happens. But when you do it after failing to post the right pic of what you are selling, and then refuse to answer, people start throwing out conspiracy theories and general wtf comments.

The value in answering? You only have to type one post, not several replying to individual users posts.

In summary, one post of "sorry, here is a pic of the proper sniper, one of several we had. Unfortunately they are now all sold" would have been easier to type. You'd solve posts like the one stevelarry listed, where instead you challenged him to a Nfa/cssa wager.

Just an observation and suggestion. It was not meant as a negative marstar attack.
    Last edited by fenceline; 10-29-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    Wow guys stop attacking John. I can get more money for original Sniper models somewhere else as well 1500-3000 dollars. His export permit requires him to bring it here first and then he can fill out any export permit and ship it anywhere overseas or to movie set in California. Would you guys pay that much for those. Probably not.
    Anyway if those have rails you can make them into sniper varient. This is why the rails are there. Notch can be made by any gunsmith.
    Hi Sergey;
    Well it is refreshing to have someone understand the market.... Most don't realize that there is an entire world outside the small Canadian market....

My import permits and IICs are open so we can import whatever, whenever, in this case we brought the rifles here with the intention of selling them here, but when someone makes you "an offer you can't refuse" what are you supposed to say ??

I think you will agree that some of these complainers should get into the business, gain some experience, take some risks, then and only then can they make such wild statements
    Best of luck Sergey
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    most of the complaines have no clue from what I see
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

John is more than knowledgable about this market. I don't blame him at all for selling offshore. A customer is a customer. I'd do the same thing. Frankly if it was such a big deal about the whole notch issue then perhaps you should have called marstar and asked your question then sooner. Waiting on a question in a forum to be answered to make your decision on a purchase is foolish as stock can/will/and did sell. Anyone in their right mind that's trying to run a business sells first come first serve. They don't run it based on "maybes" and "what ifs".

The ad was posted on a Friday & the sold out notice was posted on the Monday morning so unless Marstar is open on the weekend, no one was calling anybody. The fine folks involved in the import and sales of milsurps seen to have great experience & knowledge in the business end of the process & very little in the minutiae of the firearms themselves. Small details can make a big difference in the value of a firearm BUT only if you get it right. Sadly, it seems the importers are far better businessmen than they are milsurp enthusiasts.
    Killing the buzz since 2005.

Expired Business
    FENCELINE;

Obviously you don't trust us, oh well such is life....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    FENCELINE;

Obviously you don't trust us, oh well such is life....
    John
    I'm not talking about trust, I'm talking about communication. I have purchased from marstar before and had no issues, but the information provided in those transactions was clear and concise. I did ask for clarification as what you were selling, the svt sniper model, was not what was displayed in your sale pictures. You didn't answer, so I didn't buy as I was still waiting. As a customer if it isn't clear what is being sold, I'm not sending my money.

But a buyer stepped up, and my question no longer matters. I'm ok with that, lots of other places to find one.
    Last edited by fenceline; 10-29-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by desporterizer View Post
    The ad was posted on a Friday & the sold out notice was posted on the Monday morning so unless Marstar is open on the weekend, no one was calling anybody. The fine folks involved in the import and sales of milsurps seen to have great experience & knowledge in the business end of the process & very little in the minutiae of the firearms themselves. Small details can make a big difference in the value of a firearm BUT only if you get it right. Sadly, it seems the importers are far better businessmen than they are milsurp enthusiasts.
    No we are not open on week ends, you are right.... However we do have an automated system which posts all order placed by our customers 24/7, I suppose you already know this

"great experience & knowledge in the business end of the process & very little in the minutiae of the firearms themselves"

How the hell do you think we got to what were, by not knowing anything ?

On the practical knowledge side my friend I will defend myself at whatever level you wish.... I am qualified as an expert witness in Canada up the Supreme Court of Canada.... I am qualified in several States in the US as an expert witness.... I have prepared and assisted in numerous technical briefs for many levels of various governments.... I have prepared briefs in several major crime cases, both here and in the US....

Strange that you say we are not "milsurp enthusiasts. " why then were we chosen by the Yugoslav Government in 1984 as the exclusive exporter of all military surplus from that country, why did Nato and the UN mandate Marstar to clean the front lines after the cease fire in the first Bosnean war ?? Must be because of our lack of knowledge....

I really find it strange that out of blue you have determined all these issues and claim to have all the knowledge we don't have.... At the moment we are working on several foreign deals, perhaps you would consider doing some work for us, surely you complete and varied knowledge will serve you well....
    I look forward to receiving your resume
    John