Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hornady M16 Hot Tub Sonic Cleaner

I have the Hot tub, any one know if lyman products Turbo sonic cleaning solution would be ok?

Thats what I use in my hot tub.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer twistedbrilliance's Avatar
    I have a heated sonic cleaner and it does a great job. It gets all the inside clean then I throw it into the tumbler to get a beautiful shine afterwards. Works pretty quick and I get a few batches through before changing the solution. Just remember don't use brass solution on gun parts!
    lib*er*al: 'li-b(&-)r&l
    noun: a person so open-minded their brains have fallen out

Quote Originally Posted by dmc_82 View Post
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but could you use this to clean all the metal parts of an SKS doused in Cosmoline? I have a SKS that I've been trying to figure out how best to clean and this seems like it would work, just not sure if it would or not? Thanks!
    Hot water, dish soap and old toothbrushes are about $449.00 cheaper. Messy though.
    Make sure to clean the ring out of the bathtub before your wife sses it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    There is a special solution required by these. If you are using this for firearms, be very liberal with the lubrication and oil covering once you clean them as these things suck every bit of oil out of the metal, so they do require a good slathering in oil afterwards so they don't rust.
    I recommend using Lyman's Turbo Sonic Gun Lube after the cleaning solution for firearms. It disperses any water and solution left over then leaves a thin film that dries. Follow up with regular oil as per manufactures specs. Even then I still lube liberally just to be safe.

I had the Hornady Hot Tub which was great and at an affordable price, but ended up replacing it for a Lyman Turbo Sonic Pro to fit long arms.

I use the 2l as well. I run it till the brass is warm. I then use a Drexel with the small round brush to clean the primer pocket and I takes very little time. I usually size some other brass or work on something else while it is in the tub. Most useful for getting the inside of the case and the case neck clean.

Did anyone else think about an actual hot tub filled with cleaning solution? Now I'm just imagining how much brass I could clean in mine. Fill er up and crank up the jets.

Though I would likely have to stir it like this guy:

On a serious note, that looks pretty awesome.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

Why wouldn't they have made it long enough for 20" barrels???
    just sayin'.
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

okay so i ordered some Hornady solution from wholesale, got it today... Looked on the back and it says.... WARNING This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause CANCER.... lol ok great! save time on cleaning and get cancer.. cant win!

For the guys with the Lyman solution, does it say the same thing?

The link doesn't work

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast