Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

GunNutz

Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

The price is too high - you will never see any sort of volume at $5500 plus HST.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Please please make a Canadian rifle. I sure would love one!!!!

Dont care what it is, just make it and ill take it!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Whenever we can keep our products in house. It benefits all of us. I would love to see a nice hunting rifle with our Canadian Flag etched on it. And ATRS of course.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaviDave View Post
    The price is too high - you will never see any sort of volume at $5500 plus HST.
    We are not trying to compete with Salvage or Tikka. High volume typically means cut corners and much lower quality. The industry already is full of guns that are designed to compete in the cheap to mid level quality. Many of the expensive rifles like Blaser, Mauser, Unique etc. are in that same price range, but do NOT offer much in options. They are great foreign made guns that are still production line manufactured to a large degree.

What we are doing is trying to offer a full custom built precision rifle that will minimally knock heads and most likely kick butt against any of the $6000.00 to $10000.00 dollar rifles that are offered by both foreign and domestic makers of similar style rifles. The BIG difference is that short of the raw materials and recoil pad EVERY part will be made right here in Canada.

Our 1/2 MOA accuracy guarantee would obviously be part of the deal as well as the unsurpassed customer support and service that we are already known for.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by leonk05 View Post
    Whenever we can keep our products in house. It benefits all of us. I would love to see a nice hunting rifle with our Canadian Flag etched on it. And ATRS of course.
    It could be done, we have done many hunting rigs. The trick would be getting the stock maker to expand his line of offerings. Something that I think could be easily dealt with.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

If you're going to have your stock supplier expand their line, a stock like McMillan's A3 Sporter (without the 6 month wait) would be awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyinhell View Post
    If you're going to have your stock supplier expand their line, a stock like McMillan's A3 Sporter (without the 6 month wait) would be awsome.
    All it takes is more molds, time and money.
    To make an investment in molds or any production based equipment requires a demand being there from the consumer. Hence my asking the initial questions in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Like any custom built rifle much will depend on what options are wanted in the stock, metal finish, etc. Having the barrel nitrided to match the action makes the most sense to me. I would estimate in the $4800.00 to $5500.00 range for a repeater with pretty much all options in the stock, ie. adjustable butt system and cheek rest, rails and sling mounts. Caliber would dictate things like muzzle brake which would move it closer to the $5500.00 mark.

Thanks for the quick response. As I am sure your rifles will be top shelf, $4-6000 is way outta my buget for a bolt gun. Good luck with your builds and sales. I'll get you won't have any trouble selling them given your excellent reputation.
    Last edited by lakermetal; 11-01-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

BANNED
    Pitch it to DND as the new Canadian Ranger Rifle - just tell them it will be assembled in Quebec. Viola - big gov't contract.

BANNED
    $5k for a full-custom built isn't far fetch at all.

Are the same guys saying here that it's too rich for their blood saying the same thing when talking about a PGW Coyote ($5,500CDN retail)?

Or around $5,300 USD + Import + Shipping + Taxes for a Surgeon Scalpel in short action?

Or an Rocky Mountain Work (Coralane Sporting) $4,050 hunting rig?

I would hope so. If not, it's another "critic the Cdn manufacturer" day on CGN!

My 2cents only, of course.

Rick - whatever you decide to do, I'm 100% positive that you'll be putting out a fantastic product as usual.