Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We are just starting to do field trials with our own in-house made trigger groups. So far we feel that our trigger will rival or surpass what Jewell has to offer based on repeatability of break and reset, adjustment ability, lack of creep AND there is the option for being available as a single set trigger.
    I'm guessing this trigger will be compatible with rem 700 and clones, will this trigger be available on it's own? Sounds like a 2 stage?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    I'm guessing this trigger will be compatible with rem 700 and clones, will this trigger be available on it's own? Sounds like a 2 stage?
    Our actions currently employ triggers that fit the Remington 700 that Jewel and Timney make, therefore our trigger will also fit into a 700. We will have 700 specific models that have the built in bolt release as well as 1s that do not that will fit our actions along with others like Defiance, Stiller, BAT etc that have the bolt release on the action rather than operated by a mechanism on the trigger.
    So yes it will be available for purchase as an upgrade for a 700 or 700 clone.

These are NOT a 2 stage trigger, they are a 3 lever single stage like a Jewel or Timney in operation, we will be making a variant that is a single set like the old Canjar trigger was where you pushed the trigger shoe forward and the trigger set down to a few ounces of pull with a total trigger movement of about .010. This is different from the European single sets in so far as just the shoe moves, not the entire trigger.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by labrador76 View Post
    Love the idea, can't do the price. Oh Canada
    Same here.

I'd be down for less of a precison, more of a bush/hunting rifle.

A Canadian made DTA style bullpup bolt action precision rifle would be amazing! I'd be in the market for one of your current offerings as well, but becoming a homeowner is first on the list of priorities right now.
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

+1 for the bullpup. This is what allows DTA to command the premium prices they charge for their rifle (and especially the overpriced accessories). There are lots and lots of places to get a 1/2 minute non-bullpup rifle from the US, and the import issue has largely become a non-issue, so that doesn't really add anything new to the equation.

If you built us Canadians an accurate/reliable bullpup for $4500 and don't charge us $300 for a monopod that should not cost more than an Accushot? Well in that case I'd put my money where my mouth is and be your first customer (even as a guinea pig for a prototype). And Canadian-made to boot? Well, you had me at bullpup.....

CGN Regular
    What market are you targeting, tactical, hunting or long range, what are the rifles in that market going for ?, there's your answer, the only advantage you will have being "Canadian made" is that it will be slightly easier for Canadians to obtain, at the end of the day you have to make a better product at a reasonable price and supply faster than your competitors, do that and you will sell as many as you can make , if not its a struggle.
    Good luck with the endeavor if you decide to go for it.

Yes I would be interested

I can personally attest to the tolereances, precision and quality of ATRS actions. Unsurpassed IMHO.

Bullpup and I'll consider it at that price.

Remington clone and it can take a number along with the other x1000 competitors on the market including PGW.