Page 1 of 18 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

A few years ago we started to manufacture our own actions. Over the last 3 years they have seen significant refinement and development. We are just starting to do field trials with our own in-house made trigger groups. So far we feel that our trigger will rival or surpass what Jewell has to offer based on repeatability of break and reset, adjustment ability, lack of creep AND there is the option for being available as a single set trigger.
    We have been negotiating with a Canadian barrel maker and a Canadian fiberglass stock maker, so the potential to offer a complete 100% made in Canada rifle does exist.

At this point the stock would be very similar to the McMillan A5, barrels are stainless single point cut. The only part on a repeater not made in Canada, and more specifically Alberta would be the Accuracy International magazine.

The very best part is that the cost would be less than if the same rifle were built on US supplied components.

Any thoughts?
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Interesting..... I much prefer to keep my business in country when possible. Any ideas on price point?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakermetal View Post
    Interesting..... I much prefer to keep my business in country when possible. Any ideas on price point?
    Like any custom built rifle much will depend on what options are wanted in the stock, metal finish, etc. Having the barrel nitrided to match the action makes the most sense to me. I would estimate in the $4800.00 to $5500.00 range for a repeater with pretty much all options in the stock, ie. adjustable butt system and cheek rest, rails and sling mounts. Caliber would dictate things like muzzle brake which would move it closer to the $5500.00 mark.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

GunNutz
    Yup...price point is a big one, however ultimately it needs to be equal or better than current available components.
    There are already lots of great builds available in Canada, but you can only do things so many ways and stuff remains the same.
    Availibiity will have a huge impact on sales if all else is equal.

Picture talks

You bet your ass I'd want one! That is, after I move out and make more money...
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

If I saved $200.00 a month I could have one in about 2 1/2 or 3 years. Something to look forward to I guess.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Price depends.

I'd love a super short rifle in 45-70 or something similar with box mag, 12" lop stock, and a barrel just long enough to be non restricted (26" overall) in scout configuration.

That's my dream gun.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

BANNED
    Nice idea but a little rich for my blood..

I would love an all Canuck shootin' stick. As mentioned before price point and performance/quality have to add up to a great value. There are a lot of foreign components that will be hard to beat for the buck. If these areas can be satisfied, you will have a heck of a success on your hands and I will be one of your first buyers.

Page 1 of 18 12345678911 ... LastLast