Thread: Customer Service

BANNED

Customer Service

So. Decided I wanted an AR. I'm a die-hard 7.62 guy, but I'm also nostalgic about my days in the service, and I wanted a rifle the gf would like, also. For me, the Norinco will be fine. Just plinking at the range is great. If I want something better, I figure I'll build a custom. I don't need a .45, but, hell, yes I do. I recall a poster saying you can never have enough .45's, lol.

Lately, I had been following the threads about Marstar's deals and service, which became a tad negative and heated at times (re: AK-74). So, I thought, what better way to see for myself and judge. So, the following are the times & dates of the service I received, from start to finish:

1) Order placed Friday, November 1st @ 7:17 pm. The Norinco/1911 special. I get an email indicating the order has been created.
    2) Saturday, November 2 @ 9:29 - email indicating status change of my order: processing
    3) Saturday, November 2 @ 1:54 pm - email with invoice, NO HANDLING CHARGE. Shipping of $29.35 only (all in Ontario). Tax: $120.56. Total: $1047.91
    4) Monday, November 4 @ 1:35 pm - email indicating transfer waiting for approval
    5) Monday, November 4 @ 6:29 pm - email indicating my order would be shipped the next day
    6) Monday, November 4 @ 6:29 pm - email indicating my order has been completed
    7) Tuesday, November 5 @ 8:31 am - email from Canada Post indicating sent at the request of Marstar - order shipped
    8) Tuesday, November 5 @ 2:46 pm - email from Canada Post indicating sent at the request of Marstar - delivery for November 7
    9) Wednesday, November 6 @ 11:44 am - email from Canada Post indicating sent at the request of Marstar - item shipped (one day early woohoo!)

I sit here now with the guns in my workshop. 3:54 pm. You can also add in an email I sent on Saturday asking if they needed anything else, which was returned that same day indicating everything was in order.

I have copies of the emails and my invoice for anyone who wishes to dispute this post. 6 days from order, to restricted transfer with CFO, to delivery. Pretty damned good, if you ask me. I have no problem posting lousy service, also, so I believe in giving credit when the service is perfect. I have only ordered a magazine for my Lee Enfield in the past from Marstar, and received the same service, so I figured to also use them for a larger (to me, anyways $$$) order, and I will continue to order from them going forward.

Cannon

PS - it's been 21 years since I first carried a C7. Holding this rifle brought the memories flooding back quickly, and that my friends, was the best part of this order

Sweet deal man. Enjoy your new toys.