Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Alfa-proj Revolvers and Carbines available soon in Canada from Blue Line!!

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    ...'scuse me Kschnider. As I don't speak Czech or Hungarian my questions were sincere. You were far from clear in your post as to why you were posting it...if you were a man, you'd have realized this. I'm still at a loss as to why moon clips and loader tubes are a "problem"?

Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    ...'scuse me Kschnider. As I don't speak Czech or Hungarian my questions were sincere. You were far from clear in your post as to why you were posting it...if you were a man, you'd have realized this. I'm still at a loss as to why moon clips and loader tubes are a "problem"?
    Your forgiven.I thought you were being a smart a**, sorry. Were you. It's hard to tell when not in person. Well I hope you were being sincere. I did say it was a strange video.I had no idea what the hell they were saying, it didn't matter to me. The only relevant part was how the clip and loader tube works. The moon clips can be a problem because they break. Probably why they give you 2.
    Chambering revolvers for autoloading pistol cartridges is hardly new. The problem was first tackled before World War I. Chambering a revolver cylinder for a rimless autoloading revolver cartridge is not difficult. You simply cut the chamber to headspace off the case mouth just like a pistol barrel.

The problem arises when you wish to extract and eject the fired cases. In a swing-out cylinder or top-break revolver there is no rim for the star ejector to grasp. Due to this lack of a rim, fired cases are difficult to remove. Smith & Wesson developed a simple solution to this problem around 1908. They developed the “moon clip,” which held six cartridges by their extractor groove. With this device you simply dropped the entire loaded clip into the cylinder.

After firing your six, the clip, along with the empty cases, was easily ejected. The only downside was these full moon clips could be bent fairly easily, distorting them. The Ruger New Model Blackhawk Convertible is single action, so ejection is not a problem.

Class dismissed.
    Last edited by kschneider; 11-09-2013 at 02:07 AM.

btw plinker 777, is the GSG 1911 really a good gun. Just bought a SAM Omega 6 9mm, and was thinking of the GSG 1911 down the road. If it has lasted that long, 100,000 rounds, I think I will end up with one.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Thanks Kschneider, I believe the GSG 1911 to be the best .22 auto in its class. They do require a break in period (patience) but then they become very reliable. I have half a mind to slug the barrel just to learn how much wear 100,000 rounds achieves...I'll hypothesize not much (negligible) as the majority of my rounds were 40 grain round nose lead vs the copper washed .22's.

...btw, I was being sincere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    After seeing a blown up schematic online, am I correct in assuming that there is a modular model (reminiscent of the Dan Wesson!) with swappable barrels and shrouds?
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Very interested in a 9mm/.357 conversion model...hopefully there is different barrel length/finishes for it!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Is there any word on price point for these? They look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kschneider View Post
    Only problem is the moon clips and loader tubes. Video is not in english.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1A9CmUhoY
    Beginning of video is strange but keep watching.
    Thanks for this. It is a little weird but a nice change from the bearded hillbillies who make most gun videos.

For those who don't want to sit through ten minutes, loading moon clips appears to be easy (a snap, so to speak) but unloading without bending the clip needs a provided tool. Probably wiser to go .357.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Looking at the 9mm, the way it is designed, with the barrel inside the cylinder area, wouldn't it be able to have a shorter barrel. It would still be over 4" but shorter than normal outside the frame.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Looking at the 9mm, the way it is designed, with the barrel inside the cylinder area, wouldn't it be able to have a shorter barrel. It would still be over 4" but shorter than normal outside the frame.
    Correct. The machined cylinder and extended forcing cone turn a 4" revolver into a 4.2"

It would be a great revolver for IDPA style shooting.

Just buy lots of extra moon-clips, so you don't have unload/reload them between stages. Do all of your clip loading at home.