Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: List of Gun Clubs in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Wis3guy View Post
    Just read your review. I am currently waiting for my RPAL to arrive, and this is only a 40min drive from me, so it might be a great option. Thank you!

Are those hours/days because of covid? or has it always been that way?
    That part I am not sure. I believe it may be partly covid related, but as a members run club, no one is really paid so not sure it can run 7 days a week. That said, during the orientation, they did say they are looking at opening for more days/times, but that is not by any means a foregone conclusion, just something the club executive are looking at.

For me it suits my needs since I can make it during those times (when I make it I am always there for the last 1-2 hours only, so it's usually not too busy and I can get the lane that I like). My needs are pretty simple - outdoors, covered, not too busy, friendly people.

If you do join, let me know and we can meet up one day there.
    Last edited by thegazelle; 12-22-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    That part I am not sure. I believe it may be partly covid related, but as a members run club, no one is really paid so not sure it can run 7 days a week. That said, during the orientation, they did say they are looking at opening for more days/times, but that is not by any means a foregone conclusion, just something the club executive are looking at.

For me it suits my needs since I can make it during those times (when I make it I am always there for the last 1-2 hours only, so it's usually not too busy and I can get the lane that I like). My needs are pretty simple - outdoors, covered, not too busy, friendly people.

If you do join, let me know and we can meet up one day there.
    Thanks for the reply, will do!

Mine is on the original list (Orono Fish and Hunt Club) - since you are in the GTA and may be looking, something to consider. New members welcome but currently there is a waiting list (I don't think the wait will be that long). There are limited shooting times and days, though - if you want more information, PM me. I also recently wrote up a blurb of information about the club which you can see here:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post18522595

Hey, thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, how is membership fees at Orono Fish and Hunt Club? Unfortunately they are not posted on the website.
    Thank you and happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaAnura View Post
    Hey, thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, how is membership fees at Orono Fish and Hunt Club? Unfortunately they are not posted on the website.
    Thank you and happy new year!
    Have a look at my review on the link - I indicate the prices on there, but for your convenience, it is $235 per individual, $290 for family. Check out the link with my review for more details.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Have a look at my review on the link - I indicate the prices on there, but for your convenience, it is $235 per individual, $290 for family. Check out the link with my review for more details.
    Didn't notice there was a link - thanks a lot!

Same boat as a number of other members I see, coming back to the sport after 15+ years and seeing wait lists that have been closed since 2016 is insane. I'm in the Burlington/Oakville, Ontario area and was hoping someone knows of a place taking in new members (that isn't a 2 hour drive 1 way). Gas is almost as much as ammo now.
    ~JM

Thanks for all the info, your endorsement just got me to sign up, 70th on the wait list so I hope it moves fast.

This is perfect, thank you everyone who has put this together and has continued to update it.

My club is missing:

Club de tir Josée
    215 CH Grande-Ligne
    St-Alexandre (QC) J0J 1S0
    450-296-4760

Hi CustomBigBear!

I'm close to St-Jean-sur-Rich and was wondering if your club was open to new members at this time?
    Do you know? I checked the website, but it doesn't seem to have been updated in a while (no mention of 2024).

It seems to be rare to find a club within 1hrs drive of Montreal, who is accepting new members, and has an outdoor range for rifles + clay.

Thanks for your insights!