Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - BC

I'm in Port Alberni (Vanc Isl.) every 4th Sun we have a "Drop in Shoot" everyone welcome.Vast variety of firearms shot on that day,great for new shooters come out and meet shooters and try out some of the firearms.
    Just shoot me a Pm for further info.
    Cheers nessy.
    Last edited by nessy357; 09-23-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Anyone in Victoria?

I am a brand new member in Poco. I have a .45 and a .22, both handguns.

If any member could allow me to try his/her rifle, I will appreciate it very much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pontcanna's Avatar

Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepotatos
    Anyone in Victoria?
    Yep, I'm here - usually go to North Saanich or Malahat on Sundays.
    "Somewhat sarcastic doorknob"
    -Foxer, June 15/05

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    And I'm in Falkland, Salmon Arm is the range that my wife and I shoot at.
    And I can do some reloading instruction too.
    Last edited by Splatter; 10-13-2006 at 01:10 PM.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

CGN Regular
    Does anyone know of any ranges that you can go to and rent/tryout a bunch of handguns on vancouver island or even the lower mainland? The wife and I are looking to purchase our first two and I want to be able to handle and fire a bunch before we choose.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer olek_Z_bc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strider3700
    Does anyone know of any ranges that you can go to and rent/tryout a bunch of handguns on vancouver island or even the lower mainland? The wife and I are looking to purchase our first two and I want to be able to handle and fire a bunch before we choose.
    No range per say will rent you a gun in BC, but keep a look out in the "events and gatherings" forum to see when the next CGN shoot is on, this is a good way to try out a lot of different guns.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676110

Quote Originally Posted by Swiend
    . . . . who needs classy when you can have slutty!

Hi Guys

New to the forums ,been reading alot , great info here.

Listen I have a few questions
    I was wondering if you fellows could give me some advise on.
    First off I just completed my non restricted & restricted course this weekend.
    Got my two references still to send in to aquire the PAL. My question is do I have to belong to a club, so if and when the question is asked as to why I want a handgun, that I can tell them a club name ? And my intention, or Em I reading to much into it, as to the background check and all the info the Gov will want before issuing me my PAL.

Lastly, I'm very close to Langley and Semiahmoo and would really like to get into target shooting, prior to purchaseing a gun, I'd like a little more info as to what the clubs offer as in teams or shooting groups that specialize in target, that can maybe give me more info as to the type of Firearm used for the sport?

Thanks
    I know its more then my one question alowed , LOL

Cheers
    24/7

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    In BC you do not have to belong to a club to purchase a restricted. If you don't belong to a club the easiest thing to do is say you are planning to join a club. It's a lot less hassle than standing firm on the "There's no law that says I have to belong to a club." line. The person on the other end of the phone is happy because they have something to write in the box on the form and you are happy because you've got your new toy, besides you're going to have to take it to a range sometime.
    Make sure that before you apply for your ATT you read the FAQ on it. In BC you can have your ATT good for any range in western Canada, any border point or airport, any gunsmith, or courier office and including any restricted firearm that you have the reg cert for, meaning you can borrow.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

Thanks for the best straight up info I've got yet Splatter
    Awesome , so I can relax and wait till its either approved or denied , LOL

Good info on the ATT, I've got alot of different stories on that as well

Anyone else in the Lower mainland that can comment on any target clubs with any pros and or cons , please give me your 2 cents

Again thank you Splatter, I really didn't want to jump into any club just because I want my PAL approved

Cheers
    24/7